Can we turn off calls, text, & data but not wifi?
hksunshine
Enthusiast - Level 1

If we go to India and want to only use wifi to call with skype or similar service, can we we turn of incoming/outgoing calls & texts, as well as data on our Verizon Samsung Galaxy s5? 

If we can, please advise simple and complete directions to turn off calls, texts, and data services while roaming  so we will not be charged for any services while still being able to use wifi, and how to reverse  that when we return to the us.

Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can we turn off calls, text, & data but not wifi?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Turn on Airplane Mode before take off from the USA and keep it there until you return to the USA.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Turn on Airplane Mode before take off from the USA and keep it there until you return to the USA.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

kdm3170
Enthusiast - Level 3

airplane mode will also disable wifi. go into settings, more networks, mobile networks and uncheck mobile data. the part of the phone that does calls and texts cant be shut off without shutting off wifi as well but i believe verizon isnt automatically set to allow you to use the networks overseas with out enrolling in the global feature online first

0 Likes
Not applicable

kdm3170 wrote:

airplane mode will also disable wifi. go into settings, more networks, mobile networks and uncheck mobile data. the part of the phone that does calls and texts cant be shut off without shutting off…

airplane mode doesn't disable wi-fi

0 Likes
kdm3170
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had doubled checked before I posted. Turned on airplane and wifi shut off, so maybe something changed from the last update

0 Likes
Not applicable

You've always been able to use wi-fi in airplane mode.

0 Likes
kdm3170
Enthusiast - Level 3

My bad your right,  it makes you go back and turn it back on though, so I thought it was disabled.

0 Likes
hksunshine
Enthusiast - Level 1

If we just use wifi mode in India, are we charged for data use? Do we still need to sign up for Verizon's Global Data?

0 Likes