Can't get texts from one person
Th3Drizzle
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anyone know of anything I could try to help me receive texts from someone that I previously received texts from just fine?

About 2 weeks ago a friend of mine and I noticed that neither of our texts were being received by the other.  He uses an iPhone and I use a Galaxy S3.  I'm on Verizon and he's on AT&T.

We're both able to send/receive from other people who use differing brands of devices (ie I can send/receive from other iPhone users and he can send/receive from other Android users) as well as both of us being able to send and receive from users from other carriers (ie I can send/receive from other AT&T users and he can send/receive from other Verizon users).

Both of us have done a factory reset on our phones, made sure we've got the most up to date software etc.

He's tried disabling iMessage which didn't help.

The only things that I can find online about this are for people who used to have iPhones and now have Androids and their iMessage account is still tied to their number which causes issues.  This is not the issue for me as I've always been an Android user and up until about 2 weeks ago we could send/receive to and from each other just fine.

Let me know if anyone has any thoughts!

Thanks!

Re: Can't get texts from one person
Th3Drizzle
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'll also note that phone calls between us work fine.  It's just texting that doesn't go through.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for providing such great detail Th3Drizzle! Let's look further into this! Have either of you tried manually entering in the number to test instead of using the saved contact? Did you or your friend make any changes right before this began? Are you or your friend using a 3rd party messaging application or the native messaging application? Please share and include any additional trends so I may further assist accordingly. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
Th3Drizzle
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the response!  Neither of us have made any changes or updates to our phone (other than any automatic phone updates, but I don't think any of those would have happened for either of us in the last couple of weeks).  We both tried sending a text to the phone number rather than a saved contact but none of the messages made it through.

We both use the default messaging application on our phones.

Thanks for any assistance!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Th3Dizzle,

Let's get these messages back up and running again! Since you started having issues with the text messages has he done a reset network settings on his device? He can do this by going to settings, general, reset, reset network settings and then retest. Keep us posted.

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Th3Drizzle
Enthusiast - Level 2

He tried this and it didn't seem to work.  Neither of us can send or receive text messages to or from the other.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Th3Drizzle,

Thanks for trying that troubleshooting step! Let's try something else OK? Is this happening with every contact now?
Please send a message to your own mobile number. This will test incoming and outgoing messaging at the same time. Let me know how this goes for you.

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow me on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Th3Drizzle
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's still just the one person that this is happening for.  I was successfully able to send (and receive) a text to myself.

0 Likes