Can I use my S7 while traveling in Europe?
Irontrader97078
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'll be traveling to The Netherlands, Czech Republic, and Hungary next month.

With my previous phones I've always kept them in airplane mode and just used wi-fi access at hotels when I had a connection.

This trip I'd like to be able to make phone calls.
Mostly to be able to call my Dutch traveling companion if we get separated and need to contact each other.

I'm assuming I can use my S7 without having to replace a SIM or anything.

What is the travel plan I need and what do I need to be aware of to not get a high phone bill after my return?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: European travel with S7
Kathy0529
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi,

I used this link to determine what would work for me when I travel to Ireland.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/trip-planner-tool/

They give different options where you could pay per minute, $10 per day or $40 for the month.  There may be another option, but I can't remember.  You would need to VzW know which plan you want, so if you pick the $10 a day, then you would only be charged each day you use your phone.

You're best bet is to call customer service or go into the store.

Also, the rep I spoke to on the phone reminded me to turn my Data off so if I did take my phone out of Airplane Mode that I wouldn't get nailed w/data charges if I didn't intend to use my phone for anything other than the wifi option and didn't want to incur high charges.

Have a great trip!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Kathy0529
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi,

I used this link to determine what would work for me when I travel to Ireland.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/trip-planner-tool/

They give different options where you could pay per minute, $10 per day or $40 for the month.  There may be another option, but I can't remember.  You would need to VzW know which plan you want, so if you pick the $10 a day, then you would only be charged each day you use your phone.

You're best bet is to call customer service or go into the store.

Also, the rep I spoke to on the phone reminded me to turn my Data off so if I did take my phone out of Airplane Mode that I wouldn't get nailed w/data charges if I didn't intend to use my phone for anything other than the wifi option and didn't want to incur high charges.

Have a great trip!

0 Likes
Irontrader97078
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did sign up for the daily plan for $10 per 24 hrs.

I'll probably research it more before traveling, but the advantage I saw with the daily plan is that it uses data from your domestic data plan in which I have plenty of capacity.

Compared to the price of airfare for the trip, even paying $10 per day isn't bad.