Can I use an unlocked s8 on the verizon network?
newportnancy

Can I use an unlocked s8  on the verizon network?

0 Likes
Re: Can I use an unlocked s8  on the verizon network?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If it is compatible, I don't see why not.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Re: Can I use an unlocked s8 on the verizon network?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

newportnancy, It's important, indeed to know if you're able to use the phone you desire on Verizon Network. Here's a link where you can check the compatibility of any device on our Bring your own device page, here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/bring-your-own-device/#checkDevice. Is your current phone working okay?

TanishaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

TIMTEM76

We have an unlocked S8 device - how do we get the verizon applications - mainly the voicemail app?

0 Likes
Re: Can I use an unlocked s8  on the verizon network?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

TIMTEM76 wrote:

We have an unlocked S8 device - how do we get the verizon applications - mainly the voicemail app?

You don't. The voicemail application is an exclusive to Verizon Wireless branded devices. If you activate an unlocked S8 on your line, you will need to block block visual voicemail and use the dialer application to access the voicemail when the tape symbol is showing on the notification bar.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TIMTEM76

That is a great question and Ann154 did sum it up nicely. Carriers typically use different frequencies and air interface technologies to provide wireless network access. Accordingly, a device that works on one carrier’s network may not be technologically compatible with another carrier’s network. “Unlocking” a device refers only to disabling software that would prevent a consumer from attempting to activate a device designed for one carrier’s network on another carrier’s network, even if that network is technologically compatible. In other words, “unlocking” a device will not necessarily make a device interoperable with other networks – a device designed for one network is not made technologically compatible with another network merely by “unlocking” it. Additionally, unlocking a device may enable some functionality of the device but not all (e.g., an unlocked device may support voice services but not data services when activated on a different network). Any applications that are exclusive to Verizon, typically will not be available on Non-VZW devices. Click here for more details on unlocked devices http://www.verizon.com/about/responsibility/product/device-unlocking-policy.

EdwardL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes