Can I use an overseas SIM card in my Galaxy S6?
Trottsky

I think it's too difficult to try to figure out which international plan to select, so I want to buy a sim card in Europe and insert it into my phone to use when I'm there.  How do I know if my device is locked or unlocked?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: If I buy a sim card overseas and insert it into my S6, will it work?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a fantastic question, Trottsky. All 4G devices from Verizon Wireless come unlocked but we can't guarantee they will work on another network. If you have any questions or concerns in regards to this, just let us know.

TimothyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a fantastic question, Trottsky. All 4G devices from Verizon Wireless come unlocked but we can't guarantee they will work on another network. If you have any questions or concerns in regards to this, just let us know.

TimothyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
evol073
Enthusiast - Level 3

As long as it is a verizon phone it what is called GSM unlocked which is the network type used everywhere else in the world except the U.S. which uses both CDMA and GSM.

In many cases the sim card can be inserted and will work for calls but may not activate on data if you purchased a data plan. In order to get it to work on data you will need to add an access point name

on the phone you will go to settings>mobile networks> access point names>add

then you will fill in the fields with that networks information this site seems to have most of them.

Internet, MMS, Data APN Configuration Settings for Networks Around the World - APN Settings Search E...

I hope I was able to help

0 Likes