Can I unlock my S4 for other carriers?
christandems

What can I do about unlocking my s4 for other carriers?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I want to unlock my s4 for other carriers. will verizon do that? I paid up front for the phone.
gurase
Contributor - Level 2

Both those articles refer to the GSM variants of the GS4 which are (most often) locked to their respective carriers. I can confirm the Verizon variant does in fact come unlocked for use on US GSM carriers.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I want to unlock my s4 for other carriers. will verizon do that? I paid up front for the phone.
Not applicable

Not going to happen. Not for US carriers. However certain devices come unlocked for use out of the country for use with a foreign SIM.

Someday it will be possible, but not now.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Wrong. The Galaxy S4 come SIM unlocked from the factory including the country unlock for use on US GSM carriers.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Wrong? Not often. See below.

How to (and why to) unlock the Samsung Galaxy S4 | Android Central

I was reading last night that carrier unlocking will be in place by 2015. So we will see.

How to Carrier Unlock Your Samsung Galaxy S4 So You Can Use Another SIM Card « Samsung GS4 softModde...

Good Luck

0 Likes
gurase
Contributor - Level 2

Both those articles refer to the GSM variants of the GS4 which are (most often) locked to their respective carriers. I can confirm the Verizon variant does in fact come unlocked for use on US GSM carriers.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thank you. I normally skim an article thanks again for pointing that out.

Good Luck

0 Likes