Can I save paid apps before a factory reset?
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

Hi all...I did a search through the questions already asked but couldn't locate a duplicate response Smiley Happy

Due to some lagging and just general issues with my Edge I am planing on doing a backup of everything before doing a factory reset. 

I have two paid apps on the phone that I don't want to have to pay for again when the factory reset wipes them off the phone.  I can't see that there is an option with the app to prove it was already paid for and just needs to be re-added, so am guessing there must be, or may be, some way to back up the app so I can reload it.  I rarely have ever downloaded apps and then only used the Free ones so this is new for me.

Will a regular backup save the apps so they actually function or is the backup for static items/data only?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Saving Paid Apps Prior to Factory Reset
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Applications purchased from the Play Store are available to re-download on any other device without purchasing it again. The purchase record is tied to your Google account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Applications purchased from the Play Store are available to re-download on any other device without purchasing it again. The purchase record is tied to your Google account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks muchly Smiley Happy

0 Likes