Can I install Skype on my Galaxy S4?
GeorgaiJoe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4, SCH-i545, have an ARMv7 processor?  I've been unable to find this information on the Verizon and Samsung websites, any Help or User Forums, the User Manual and the "About phone" information on my phone.  According to the Skype website, I need an ARMv7 processor for Skype video service, hence my question.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does the Galaxy S4 have an ARMv7 processor?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can also sign into your Gmail account from a PC and navigate to the Play Store to search for the Skype application. Under the install button it will tell you if your device is compatible with the app. That's the most definitive answer you can get.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We feel your need for video chat, GeorgaiJoe! Your Samsung Galaxy S4 has a Quad core processor which is ARM Cortex - A9. Try uninstalling Skype and reinstalling to see if you can get it to work.

AllisonC_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GeorgaiJoe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your reply.  I have not tried to install Skype pending a response to my question.  Unfortunately I don't know if the Quad core processor, ARM Cortex-A9, is in fact an ARMv7 processor.  I don't even know what it means; I just want a yes-or-no answer before I try proceeding with Skype.  Simply put, does my Verizon Wireless Galaxy S4, SCH-i545, have an ARMv7 processor?  It is the only hardware requirement for Skype video on an Android phone according to their website.

What are the system requirements for Skype?

Please provide a responsive reply.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can also sign into your Gmail account from a PC and navigate to the Play Store to search for the Skype application. Under the install button it will tell you if your device is compatible with the app. That's the most definitive answer you can get.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

GeorgaiJoe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you Ann154.  I figured that would probably be the best way to get a definitive answer but I just don't like downloading an app only to find it doesn't work and then uninstalling it, especially since I haven't decided on Skype for sure.  Still, you are correct and failing a responsive reply from Verizon it's probably what I'll do.

Thanks again for your reply.  Cheers!  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
GeorgaiJoe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ann154, I misunderstood your reply.  Reading it again and following your instructions, it worked exactly as you said!  Using my PC, going to the Google Play Store and finding the Skype app, it indicated it was compatible.  Apparently this works with any app - something I didn't know about (new user here).

Once again I thank you for your reply!  Smiley Happy

0 Likes