Camera, temperature, wifi, battery life... this phone is a train wreck.
purpleasics

The native camera app doesn't work anymore (Black screen, then message - WARNING: Camera failed). The phone's battery life is awful. It has to be charged 2-3 times a day. When NO apps are running, the phone itself gets very hot to the touch. It frequently disconnects from my wifi at home, and I end up blowing through my data package 2 weeks in to the cycle. I've had the phone less than 9 months, and wish I'd never switched to it from the iPhone. I am so fed up with this phone.

0 Likes
Re: Camera, temperature, wifi, battery life... this phone is a train wreck.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
purpleasics,

We want you to love your phone! Let's take a look at some of the troubles that you are having. This should not be the experience you are having with the phone.

When did this all start? Are you charging the phone with the original charger that came with the phone? Have you tried to remove your home Internet and re-add it? Do you have trouble with the phone disconnecting from any other WIFI connection? Please let us know, we are here to help.

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
purpleasics

I started having these issues when I updated to Lollipop. It has progressively gotten worse, with the camera ceasing to work last week. I am using the charger that came in the box with the phone when I got it 9 months ago. I have followed a number of the trouble shooting steps for the camera, wifi, etc. My husband's Verizon Samsung Note 4 has no issues connecting (and staying connected) to our wifi. His phone will connect to our cars' bluetooth without problems and mine only connects sporadically. I'm really surprised because I had a number of people tell me I'd love the S5 when I switched from the iphone 4s. At this point, I wish I hadn't switched to an Android device. I never had issues like this with any of the iphones I has.

0 Likes
TB12

I am having the same issues. It's not android per se. It's the Verizon update to lollipop. The old kitkat 4.4.4 ran smooth with no issues. Of course no one at Verizon believes us. They have to troubleshoot every little thing like try clearing the app cache. The real issue is lollipop for the S5 just consumes power and create heating issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
purpleasics

It is very important to get the phone up and working. The software update is made to improve the phone not hinder it. With the camera not working, are you getting any error messages? Just to make sure we are on the same page what troubleshooting steps have you completed thus far? Please try the following steps outlined in the following link. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-108176/

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
radar320
Contributor - Level 2

Instead of updating older phones with newer versions of lollipop, they need to get to work fixing all the problems the update they forced on us has caused.  I now have to occasionally restart my phone for wi-fi to work.  Plus, there are now times I have to swipe the screen two or three times to get it to unlock.

wlm9700
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm having the same problems as you are.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Did any of youse guys do a full factory reset after installing the update?

0 Likes
TB12

Yes I did a full factory reset. I am going to put it back to kitkat 4.4.4 until they fix it. 

Scott Gesualdi, MBA 

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
radar320
Contributor - Level 2

Yes.  I did it after the update.  I had to do another one on 4/21 because of issues and had to do another one just the other day due to the wifi and bluetooth issues I was having.

0 Likes