Callers can't hear me mid-conversation
Amanda806

I've had my Galaxy s4 for about two weeks. I'm adjusting, having come over from an iPhone. I want to love this phone, but it's hard when it keeps dropping calls, and at least once during every single conversation I've had, the caller cannot hear me. This lasts for about a minute, and most of the time the caller gets frustrated, hangs up, and texts me that my new phone sucks.

I bought the phone at Best Buy, and they advised me to return it, then they'd give me a new Galaxy, then if it kept happening, they'd switch me back to an iPhone, then they'd advise me to call Verizon. I can't exchange b/c I threw the box away. I thought the technology that addressed dropped calls was kind of a non-issue in 2014...

But, it's the calls, not the phone, right? So it's a Verizon issue?

I've had Verizon with my iPhone before this, and hardly ever dropped a call, except in one very specific spot.

Oh, and everyone says my speaker sounds garbled and horrible. I'm posting this here, and I'm also posting it at Best Buy and Samsung, to see who can help me.

0 Likes
Re: Callers can't hear me mid-conversation
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Amanda806

I completely understand how important it is to keep your calls connected! I'm sad to hear you're not loving your new phone. I definitely want to turn this around for you.

Were you able to exchange your original Galaxy S4 or is that the one that the box is missing? If you place the device into Safe Mode, does anything improve? http://vz.to/1qr41d3 Does this happen everywhere or just certain locations? If you place the phone on speakerphone or a headset, is the audio better?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes