Call Filter won't activate - Galaxy S7
SB26

I've been trying for many weeks to get the Call Filter app to activate with no luck. I open the app and it says "You're not protected" with a button to turn it on. Popup after hitting the button says it's activating my free spam protection and it will take up to an hour. Hit okay and the main screen under recent activity also says it's activating and will take up to an hour. Close the app and come back in an hour/12 hours/3 days and it's always back to to the screen saying "You're not protected" with the turn on for free button. Most recent phone update installed was G930VVRUACSF2. Please advise. Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Call Filter won't activate - Galaxy S7
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SB26, we want to ensure you can activate the Call Filter service on your line as desired. I welcome the opportunity to address your inquiry. It may help to add the Call Filter free feature to your line in order for that service to activate in your phone. You can add the Call Filter service as follows:  https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-change-features-video/. Once added, we would recommend powering your phone off and immediately back on and the phone should see the feature as active without requiring you to activate it. Keep us posted with your results. 

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
saddlewood51

Yeah, that doesn't work for my wife's phone.  Neither does uninstalling and reinstalling the app.  We're prompted to "subscribe for $2.99.  we've tried that several times with no luck.  Here's the catch, my wife's phone is identical to my Samsung 9 and the call filter works perfectly on my device.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want to give up, Saddlewood51. Please try to reset all settings in your wife's device. This link can walk you through this process. https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-203756/. After doing do, please retest the issue & let us know if Call Filter was successful with activation. 

-Joey

0 Likes