Call Filter app "not compatible" with Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
shannon_tucson
Enthusiast - Level 2

The compatibility page (https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/call-filter/#supportedDevices) says that the new Call Filter app is compatible with Galaxy S7 Edge.

But when I try to install Call Filter on the Products and Apps page (https://myvpostpay.verizonwireless.com/myv/productsapps/) I get the message that my wife's iPhone and my daughter's iPhone are compatible, but my Samsung is "NOT COMPATIBLE."

Verizon made such a big deal about rolling this out.  What's going on?

Labels (1)
Re: Call Filter app "not compatible" with Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Shannon_tucson, being able to use the new Call Filter feature will help and understanding the compatibility for your device is a must. The feature will be compatible with a variety of Android and Apple devices including the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Have you been able to have this feature added via Customer Care?

JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
SALCAS77
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have attempted to use Verizon telephone Tech Support first level and also a second level expert to install Call Filter Free. I was not able to solve the problem with Call Filter Free on my Galaxy S7.  It was suggested that there is a compatibility problem or possibly the Google App store is incorrectly programmed to hide the Call Filter app from the Galaxy S7.  When I found the URL for the app using a desktop browser to view the Google Play store, I received an error message that "Call Filter is not compatible with your device, a Samsung Galaxy S7".   There may be a software update being created to eventually solve this problem.  If anyone knows how to install the Call Filter app into an S7 without using the Google Play store, please post instructions here.

shannon_tucson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update:  I was never able to install the free Call Filter app.  But I was able to install the paid version ($2.99 month).  I feel like that's a bit odd, but at least it'll give me the chance to try it out for a month or so.

0 Likes
das16
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been to level 2 support twice. Verizon is (allegedly) creating an update, with no available release date, to make it work. I have emailed call filter support asking for more info and a date and gotten no reply.

shannon_tucson
Enthusiast - Level 2

The pay version is about $3/month. 

I expect a working update to the free version in about $18.Smiley Frustrated

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your efforts are appreciated because I know your time is valuable, let's get to the bottom of your Call Filter concern. I will be sending you a Private Message momentarily.          

AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Verizon is ROLLING is out. That mans it's not coming out to all devices all at the same time. does anyone actually read a press release?

0 Likes
shannon_tucson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear boringusername,

The OP states the issue as follows:

(1) the compatibility page says the S7 Edge is compatible, while

(2) the products and apps page says it is not compatible.

So... Does anyone actually read the OP?

0 Likes
shannon_tucson
Enthusiast - Level 2

@boringusername wrote:
Both statement can be true

To simplify, statement #1 was "app IS compatible with S7," statement #2 was "app IS NOT compatible with S7."  That's what puzzled me.

Knowing both can be true clears it right up, though.  Thanks...Smiley Wink

0 Likes