Re: Call Filter app "not compatible" with Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

To find a list of the compatible devices for the Call Filter app, please see link provided: http://spr.ly/6601Ed4BJ.

BrittanyK_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport if my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

A Verizon "Call Filter" app auto installed in my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge not too long ago.  It looks to either be a subscription-based app, or, have a subscription component. I don't think that I will subscribe to the service at this point, but, we will see how things shake out later on.

0 Likes
shannon_tucson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for respondng, but that's not really helpful.  As I mentioned in the OP, the compatibility list says S7 Edge is compatible, but the app says it's not compatible when you try to install it.

So telling me to look at the list again doesn't get me anywhere.

shannon_tucson
Enthusiast - Level 2

dexman,

Call Filter showed up on my phone too, but I can only install the paid version.  Not sure why.  The paid version does some good, though, so I'm going to keep it for a while until the free version starts working.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dexman, we're glad to see that our Call Filter app is now available for your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and I would like to clear up the details surrounding how to subscribe/add our Call Filter feature. The good news is that you can add the free Call Filter feature without any cost associated with the feature. We offer a free version that offers Spam Protection that allows a spam filter option to auto-block all potential spam calls. Subscribing to the premium version for $2.99/per month is optional and not required to use the free version.

You can enroll in this free Call Filter feature and learn more information at the link attached under 'General Information' Question #6. (This is separate from the 10-day free trial) Does this information help clear up the details?http://spr.ly/6603EerE7

AlanS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
RedneckDad
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have exactly the same problem, and I have talked to Verizon support twice, and I am paying the $2.50 per month. The last to me, I was told I don't have sufficiently up to date Android software, although it is upbto date through early this month and there are no updates available. I am starting to feel frustrayed and scammed. Please help me too.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
RedneckDad
Enthusiast - Level 2

I checked my Verizon folder and Call Filter has shown up in last few days. I activated, and sowe will see.

Its funny that the Google Play page that I got sent to this morning said my phone is not compatible.

It may be okay.

0 Likes
moemoe1

Just sorted this out myself. My new phone had call filter installed in the Verizon group folder and was no problem to set up.

To do this you need to press ger started then the 3 bar menu at top left then block management then spam filter then turn on auto block spam and choose level. I set mine at All risk levels.

NOW FOR AN OLDER PHONE!

My wife has an older samsung v7 in its Verizon folder it had the older PAY ONLY app called Caller Name ID. The app is preinstalled and unremovable. YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE A ANDROID UPDATE to get this old app to update to the new call filter app that has the free component. My wife's phone just got the update this weekend.

0 Likes
shannon_tucson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the tip, moemoe1...

I had the pay Call Filter app (the only one I could get to install) for a week or so.  Then I found that I could "unsubscribe" to the pay service and it appeared the free Call Filter service was working.

BUT... Then I got a system update and Call Filter showed up in the Verizon folder.  That should be good, but when I started and checked the app, it seems it had turned itself off.  So I did as you said and turned it back on again.  We'll see if it stays on this time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want to leave you hanging, RedneckDad. Seeing how handy the Call Filter feature is, we want to make sure you are able to fully take advantage of it. How has it been working since the Call Filter has been downloaded? What occurs when you receive a spam call? If you have not already, please follow moemoe1's steps and make sure that the block and spam management has been enabled. You can review the steps here as well: (under the "Automatically block spam calls with your spam filter" section) http://spr.ly/6607EgGBh

0 Likes