Brand new S7 and screen broke without any damage. What should I do?
freebird44
Enthusiast - Level 2

S7 is only a week old and all of a sudden screen does not work...has this happened to anyone else?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Brand new S7 and screen broke without any damage to phone
freebird44
Enthusiast - Level 2

Corporate deemed the phone defective and exchanged.

View solution in original post

Tidbits
Legend

Take a picture of the screen.

Just because the screen broke without any visible damage means the phone was never damaged in a way to break the screen.

Few examples dropped on a pointed object. In the pocket and hit the corner of something hard without realizing it

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

A week old phone should not be having these issues, freebird44. Let’s take a closer look to see what’s going on. What does the damage on the screen look like? Any insurance on your device? What as the last thing the phone was used for?

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I certainly want to see you back to enjoying that great phone, freebird44. Can you describe a bit more about what is going on with the screen? When you say it's broken, do you see cracks or spots on the display or is it just not responding the way it use to?

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
freebird44
Enthusiast - Level 2

Corporate deemed the phone defective and exchanged.