Brand New s4 not set up properly at VZW....so now I will suffer the consequences?
nopp
Enthusiast - Level 1

i have spent my Christmas break calling multiple "Verizon technical support" being transferred for hours until they connect me to Apple who also cannot fix my problem. Then to spend 4+ hours at Verizon on Christmas eve to have the local verizon store spend some time with some more customer service people AND I STILL AM NOT RECEIVING MESSAGES FROM IMPORTANT PEOPLE! I have wasted almost a whole day combining the hours trying to fix my verizon phone based off many different technical supports ideas and nothing has worked now I have to go to the store again in order to get a phone I didn't want just so I can contact those I care most about....I spend so much time choosing the perfect phone I thought my switch from Iphone4 to Galaxy s4 was going to be the best.... I think its time I switch carriers in order to get some real customer service....suggestions???

Re: Brand New s4 not set up properly at VZW....so now I will suffer the consequences?
NexusMan21
Contributor - Level 2

I am going to take a guess here because your post seems rather vague.

Are you not receiving messages from other iPhone users? If that's the case, you need to disable iMessage on your iPhone 4. This will allow you to receive text messages from iPhone users again on Android.

Re: Brand New s4 not set up properly at VZW....so now I will suffer the consequences?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NexusMan21, thanks for helping us support nopp with steps to resolve this text messaging issue. You're right. It's important that MMS messaging is enabled on in Settings>Message>enable MMS Messaging ON & Enable iMessaging ON. We also recommend that you reset the network on that iPhone 4S device, as well. http://vz.to/1cXH7GT

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

NexusMan21, thanks for helping us support nopp with steps to resolve this text messaging issue. You're right. It's important that MMS messaging is enabled on in Settings>Message>enable MMS Messaging ON & Enable iMessaging ON. We also recommend that you reset the network on that iPhone 4S device, as well. http://vz.to/1cXH7GT

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

How exactly are the iPhone settings going to help the customer with a Galaxy S4?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Not applicable

I am going to take a shot here and say once a person who previously used an iPhone goes and removes the device from their Apple account the text messaging will work fine on the android. With imessage settings active on the old device no longer used Apple is still thinking the user has an iPhone. The turning off of imessage on a device still active will work, but it must be removed off of the Apple servers if no longer in use by the owner.

Just a quick so!ution. But the tech support person who answered did not read the posters problem and just answered with a canned response. Typical.

bearone21
Legend

my thoughts too.

0 Likes
NexusMan21
Contributor - Level 2

This is what I was trying to say, but you worded it much better Elector. Thank you.

0 Likes
rainy68

When I moved from iPhone to my Galaxy S4, all I had to do was switch off iMessage on my iPad, which I still had. Once the person who bought my iPhone 4 reset it or switched it to his account, and I switched iMessages off on my iPad, I was good to go. I didn't remove anything from my account or a server. I don't know if others had to take these additonal steps before they started getting all their text messages again. It was just a one little setting for me, thankfully.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yep that is what I wrote. On the apple forum the users stated it was also accomplished via removing the device from your Apple account. I believe it will function OK with either solution.

jordy64
Enthusiast - Level 1

What if you no longer have the IPhone to turn it off.  I called Apple and they deleted the "certificate" for my IPhone and my clients had to turn on SMS/MMS on their Iphones and they are concerned they will incur carrier charges

0 Likes