Bluetooth won't turn on
PrettySimpleSara

Hello all - help! I have had my Galaxy 4 since January and never had issues with my Bluetooth until this week. When I "flip the on switch" for Bluetooth, it tries to turn on (says, "turning on Bluetooth"), but after a few seconds, it stops and goes back to the "turn on Bluetooth to see a list of available devices" text with the "switch" still in the off position.

I haven't downloaded any new apps this week. I tried turning Bluetooth on in Safe Mode, but didn't have any success, so I don't think it's an app interfering with it. I have tried taking the battery out and putting it back in, too. Any other suggestions for things to try? I'd like to avoid a total factory reset if I can.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Sara

0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth won't turn on
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PrettySimpleSara We understand how important the bluetooth feature is for you. Check your bluetooth timeout settings under settings,bluetooth, (turn bluetooth on) Fom the My Device section, tap the device and enable it then tap the menu (which is the little box with lines at the lower left) select Visibility timeout. Try selecting never time out.

Sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
PrettySimpleSara

Thanks for the recommendation!  I did as you suggested, but the visibility timeout option is grayed-out and can't be selected. Is there another way to adjust this setting?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's definitely odd PrettySimpleSara, I appreciate you trying the step suggested. Please make sure wi-fi is off also, and test it again. In addition, you can reset the app http://vz.to/1jqKioH .

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes