Bluetooth stops working when data switches
jesiswinning

I've had my GS4 for almost a month now, and I've been having trouble while playing music via Bluetooth on my car stereo. I noticed that as I was driving, my stereo display would stop showing the title of the song, then exactly 2 seconds later the music would stop. When I looked at my phone, it showed that the music was still playing, but no sound was coming from anywhere. If I hit pause and then play again, the music started playing through the car speakers again. This was happening at completely random intervals, sometimes as often as 5 times during a 3-minute song. I started looking on the internet for a reason why this would happen and how to fix it, and I found that some people had problems with their WiFi detecting networks as they drove, and every time a new network was detected, their music would stop. I tried turning my WiFi off, but the music kept stopping. With that knowledge, I determined that the music was stopping whenever the status of my data connection changed. If I moved from a 4G to 3G area, my music stopped. If I went back into a 4G area, my music stopped. If I move to an area where I don't get a data connection, or back into a data coverage area, my music stops. The only way I can find to stop this from happening is to turn off my data completely. Has anybody else had this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it? Thank you so much for taking the time to read. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth stops working when data switches
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear jesiswinning,

Good afternoon. I am sorry to learn of the difficulites you are experiencing with listening to music on your Samsung Galaxy S4 via Bluetooth. It would be my pleasure to address your equipment concerns.

I have verified this is not a known issues with the device. Have you tried removing the battery, then syncing back to your car? If this does not work, try to remove the SIM card from the phone, then re-insert back to your phone. For instructions on how to do this, click http://vz.to/10NQRZJ If you are still experiencing difficulites, please feel free to reach out to us. We will be more than happy to further assist.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes