Bluetooth not auto connecting to car for Galaxy s9
LW0017
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I get into my vehicle, my phones Bluetooth won't connect to the vehicle.  If I want to be able to use this feature, I have to manually connect it every time.  I have to go into my vehicles paired device list (there's only 1), click on my Galaxy s9, make sure the box is checked on my car's display, open up my phones Bluetooth and then click on my vehicles name in that list and then cross my fingers that it's going to connect. After much frustration, I've had 3 separate conversations using the Tech Coach app.  In the end, their solution was to uninstall every app I have (if the phone is in Safe Mode it works and auto connects to my vehicle - but not all of the time) to see which app is the culprit. I took their advice and it appeared that the Amazon app was causing the issue. AMAZON. You mean to tell me that of the thousands and thousands of people who own the Galaxy s9, none of them have this app installed!? This worked for 2 days and then it stopped working again (meaning my phone stopped connecting to my car). During this time, I did NOT install any new apps.

This has been so frustrating and time-consuming.  I have tried so many troubleshooting suggestions and have even done a factory reset on my phone. I have had the same apps on my other Galaxy phones and also my Droid Turbo 2 I just had a few months ago and I have NEVER.EVER. had a problem before.

Has anyone else had/experienced this issue or something similar? Any suggestions.  Tech support does not help.  I really think this is a faulty phone. I find it absolutely ridiculous that I have to manually connect my phone to my vehicle every time and for that very reason, I wouldn't recommend this phone to my friends and family. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

Sidenote: It's not an issue with my vehicles Bluetooth. I have an iPhone 8s with the same apps I had on my Android and I tested that and it has no problems connecting.  I did delete my iPhone from my vehicles "paired devices" afterward.  There are no other paired devices to my vehicle besides my Android.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth not auto connecting to car for Galaxy s9
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I use my car Bluetooth and I know it can be frustrating when it does not work Lw0017. I am sure I will help figure this out for you. I do appreciate all that you have done. I do have a few questions for you. Are you able to connect to any other Bluetooth just fine? Have you completed a factory http://spr.ly/6580DQxCA reset on the device? I will be on standby waiting for your response so I can further assist you. 

Amber_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LW0017, we are sorry to hear that you have been experiencing these issues with your new phone. These days we do need to be hands free on the road and your safety is important. As you have indeed put a great deal of work into this, I want to ensure that we are not missing anything. Have you turned on Smartlock, following the steps at http://spr.ly/6589DQI1D? In many cases turning off and on the device scanning will do the trick. Sim...

Go to settings > connections > more connection settings        Is nearby device scanning off? If so turn it on.                        If it is already on, toggle it off then reboot your phone.    

When your phone finishes rebooting re toggle that setting back on. Please let us know the result.

Loren_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BELLA626
Enthusiast - Level 2

The bluetooth works. It connects instantly to my s9+ for emails and

calls. The problem is Android Auto doesn't allow my Galaxy s9+ to load

apps or recognize my cell to my 2018 Honda CRV via cable connection as it

should to use Google maps etc... It works with Apple and lower Galaxy

models. The S9+ needs to be added by Honda or Google who updates the

software. Very very frustrated at this time. New phone. New car..old

software

On Mon, Aug 13, 2018, 8:30 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BELLA626

We want to ease your frustrations. Have you powered your device off/on since updating the software on your phone? Did you update the software for the all of the applications that you've downloaded to your phone, too? 

Lasina_VZW

0 Likes
BELLA626
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. Still doesn't recognize s9+

On Wed, Aug 15, 2018, 9:01 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely thank you for providing that update BELLA626. Our goal is to make sure you can use your device while driving in your new car. Can you provide your current software version your device is running? To confirm, you have tried running an old Samsung device and have been able to access your apps via your car?

Candice_VZW

0 Likes
BELLA626
Enthusiast - Level 2

Software Android version 8.0.0. Is that what you need? Yes friends have

used lower Galaxy cells and Apple and Android Auto does recognize them.

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018, 9:20 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BELLA626, we want to ensure you can use your device in your vehicle as needed. I didn't show any known issues with the Android Auto, Handsfreelink in the CRV and the Galaxy S9+ when running Oreo 8.1. I did perform a search to see if other CRV owners were having an issue and there was no indication of it. You may inquire on their forums here to see if there's a recommendation:  http://spr.ly/6582DvYQ8. If you've performed the factory data reset of your device and it's still not connecting then it could be a phone issue. Was the factory data reset completed?

Ebony_VZW

0 Likes
BELLA626
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes factory reset was done twice actually

At dealership and with Honda via phone call. It's not the Bluetooth that

isn't working. Android Auto does not recognize s9+. I am able to use my

cell via the car but not via Android Auto.

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018, 9:35 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes