Bluetooth connection
COFRIZZ
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bluetooth won't auto connect to known devices on my new s9+. I had the S7 before and this was never an issue, I have a Bluetooth sound bar at home and an aftermarket sound system in my car... Is this a known software problem or is there a feature that's not activated for auto connect on the device? Every time I get in the car I have to pair it like a new device with the stereo.

0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth connection
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

COFRIZZ,

We always want our customers to enjoy their new devices and the S9+ is a great phone. Hearing that you are having some trouble with the Bluetooth is concerning however so we will look into this matter closer for you. Do you happen to turn your Bluetooth on the phone off at any time? Does your device ever show that it is trying to automatically connect to previously connected devices and it receives an error message?

CandiceH_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
COFRIZZ
Enthusiast - Level 1

I do turn it off when I'm not using it, but I always have to save on battery since the S4. It never tries to connect to anything automatically, even the devices that are listed under "known" or "paired" (whatever it's called) when it is on... I'm not sure what the issue is, the sound bar is a samsung brand product and it won't even pair to that automatically.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

COFRIZZ Thank you for the information. We want to make sure that we get this issue resolved for you. Please be sure the device is in discovery mode at all times (minutes before connecting your device to a different Bluetooth connection). Just to clarify, are you experiencing the same problem with all Bluetooth connections? I would highly recommend deleting any Bluetooth connections. Please visit http://vz.to/2w0CloW and follow the steps to “forget” and try pairing again. Please let me know if this helps.

EvelynR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport if my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes