Blocked Apps
AnnieB53

I was just reading a post about Verizon being able to block features and apps on the Samsung Galaxy S4. I've had my phone for a little over 2 weeks now, and I ran across this issue: See below for the message I get.  Also, in reading posts from other users, I came across the next image. This does not make me happy that Verizon withheld this information from me in order to get my purchase of the new Samsung Galaxy S4, which has some awesome features; but I also want the features that Verizon has blocked. Does anyone else have issues like this? I'm going to definitely contact Verizon to find out why this was done and to see if they will unblock these features on my phone. I am not happy about this!

Not Supported 1.png  Blocked features.PNG

0 Likes
Re: Blocked Apps
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is Wallet available on the other carriers' branded versions of this phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Well besides the fact it's been pretty well known for about a year or so that Google wallet is not supported on Verizon I'm not sure Verizon is obligated to tell you which of the over 500,000 apps your phone may or may not support.

By the way At&T and T-Mobile also don't support Google Wallet. Sprint does on SOME devices.

Samsung Nexus S 4G

Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE

Samsung Galaxy SIII

Samsung Galaxy S4

LG Viper™ 4G LTE

LG Optimus Elite™

HTC EVO 4G LTE

HTC One

0 Likes
lowki

There are a lot of things missing. Optical reader being the coolest one and they also cut out some of the quick settings like wifi and air gesture. They all together cut out Blocking mode which allowed you to turn off all notifications but still have sound and still get calls and txt. Verizon cut ChatOn app out which is an app that allows for group texting. they also blocked the samsung find my mobile section that allowed you to find and remotely wipe your phone. At this point, I feel like its false advertising and Verizon has swindled us all. If they are going to modify a product so much from its oem version then i think they should be made to disclose that information. I can't believe they would cut out such key features of the phone without so much as a heads up, just a "they'll figure it out." Great customer service Verizon. Honestly, after my contract is up, I am switching to AT&T. Worst experience ever with customer support. They can't help you bc they do not even know these things are missing.

0 Likes
Not applicable

No one was swindled. And at&t doesn't allow Google Wallet either. Enjoy paying the $350 ETF.

0 Likes