Block unwanted text from email
jtucker615
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Galaxy S7 Edge

I have seen this question asked time and time again, but I have yet to find a resolution. How can you stop unwanted text messages from email? I get a ton of random text messages from email addresses (mostly Gmail). The messages are to me and about 19 other phone numbers. I report the message as spam and it goes away, but then I have to deal with the other 19 people replying "Stop", "Remove Me", etc... so the one message turns into 10-15. This happens on a daily basis. In "My Verizon" on the web there is a setting to block all text message from the web and email, however when you check the box, you get an error and the setting does not get enabled. There must be 10-20 post on this exact problem that I have come across, but no resolution. WHY DOES THIS FEATURE EVEN EXIST IF IT DOES NOT WORK? Can someone please tell me how to block text messages originating from email. It does not seem like it should be that hard.

Labels (1)
Re: Block unwanted text from email
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how annoying these messages can be and we want to offer you the right options. What exactly is the error message seen when trying to update the setting on My Verizon? YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Block unwanted text from email
witwiz

These people are not very nice and with all the others complaining about unwanted texts, something else needs to be done beside my getting a new number. I have been out of my blocked numbers and on the do not call list, and they have away of not allowing the block feature to work. 

281-***-****

[email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]

414 *** ****

707-***-****

720-***-****