Block Entire Area Codes?
cstark1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm getting spam calls all from the same area code. I get at least 1 call per day and each time, it is from a different phone number. Is there a way to block all calls from this area code? Blocking each number manually seems to be a waste of time since calls keep coming in from new phone numbers. 

Labels (1)
Re: Block Entire Area Codes?
boringusername
Master - Level 1

no of coruse not

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
cstark1, unwanted calls can get annoying, and I know I would feel the same way. While area codes cannot be blocked, we can alert you of any potential spam calls coming in. To learn more about this feature, please look at our Call Filter FAQs: http://spr.ly/6608EVxnw;

Erica_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.
0 Likes
VERYDissatisfied
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, but these "calls" are coming though YOUR excanges and then being pushed out to our phones. Why should we have to PAY for something that you should be taking care of yourselves?

VERYDissatisfied
Enthusiast - Level 3
khub
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had 8 calls from same area code since 7:59am cst.  No one answers.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Spam calls are a major inconvenience and we're sorry to see you're going through this situation. Our goal is to provide you with alternatives to get this issue resolved. We will be asking a couple of questions to better assist you. When did this issue begin? Have you recently added your number on any website?

GeorginaG_VZW

0 Likes
siouxsieque
Enthusiast - Level 1

The answer is no I haven't added my number to any websites. My phone number just happens to be from that area code, though I no longer live in that state anymore. My mother has the same problem, though she gets twice the number of unwanted calls that I do. For some reason the Verizon spam filter does not recognize them as spam, and I would spend part of the day adding all of these phone numbers to the block caller list, but it would probably be useless, because each day, there are a new list of numbers calling from that area code.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello siouxsieque,

I get more than my fair share of unwanted calls too. I understand how this can be. We a spammer places a call to you, they have technology to randomly create a phone number to use for the call. With our Call Filter feature, a filter is used to block known spam numbers from reaching you. You can see details on this feature along with our other options to block unwanted calls at this link: https://www.verizon.com/support/block-numbers/

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
jet970
Enthusiast - Level 2

I block every number they call me from and all they do is a call from a different number. If it's not from the people for the solar panels is the people trying to buy my property. 

I work nights and I have to turn the ringer off and it is very inconvenient because I have elderly parents and if they have an emergency I won't be able to answer. 

I have contacted the do not call registry and the calls do not stop. 

Not only is this an inconvenience I feel that I'm being harassed.