Battery life
Rexxy

I did the most recent system update on Monday and since then my battery life has greatly decreased. I'm literally watching it drop while I'm on it. I'm closing my apps after using them so I don't understand why my battery life is dropping so quickly.

0 Likes
Re: Battery life
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting the most out of your battery is definitely important so I understand your concern Rexxy. Updates are meant to improve your phone not cause you headaches.

How long is the battery life? In many cases you will notice a change in battery life after major updates. This is due to the phone and apps adapting to the new software. Also, in some cases 3rd party apps on the phone may have not yet updated to work with the new software causing the phone to work twice as hard to run them (even in the background when you're not using them) creating the quicker battery drain.Have you checked to see if there are any updates for the apps on the phone?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Keylala
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too just received my update 10/1/15, & before this my phone would last all day.  I could listen to Spotify, text, look up stuff and by 8pm still have 20% battery life left.  Now I'm having to put my phone on a charger every 2hrs. All of my apps have been updated so it's the update causing these new problems.  What can be done to either revert my phone back or can Verizon put out a quick patch to fix this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Keylala,

Having a long battery life is a must with a Smartphone nowadays. Let's make sure you get the most out of yours. You stated apps updated. Can you provide some examples? What make/model device do you have? Any other issues your notice?

JenelleR_vzw

0 Likes
MustangRed65

Before the 5.1.1 update battery life was perfect, after that battery life diminished and after the security update couple weeks ago battery life is now awful!!!!  They say the marshmallow update is supposed address battery issues but there has to be something we can do in the mean time.

0 Likes
Keylala
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the SGS6edge  I have too many apps (but the same as b4) to list. The problem is not with the apps  it's with the update. As I stated my phone was fine till this update. Can you find out if & when a patch will be sent out to correct this? Waiting until Marshmallow comes out will be ridiculous since we're the last company to get this update already.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure that we get your battery life back on track, MustangRed65. I would like to clarify a few diffent things. On average how long is your current battery life on the device once there is a full charge? Are you using the charger that came with the device or a 3rd party charger? Please keep me posted. I'm earger to hear back.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes