Battery issues
Brownt94
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, I have had the Galaxy S7 for a few months. The battery was fine, but the last week or two the battery has been draining like crazy.

I woke up today at 8:00 AM (100% battery). It is only 11:00 AM and I'm already at 53% battery. I have only been moderately texting and using Chrome.

The Wi-Fi is off, location is on battery save mode, brightness level is at about 25%. The battery manager in the settings says Chrome is taking 35%, Screen 25%, and Android Systems at 16%. It is saying that my battery will last only until 2 PM (6 hours of battery life) and that is ridiculous.

I've tried restarting the phone, turning off wifi, Bluetooth, turning off location, etc. But it has little to no impact. The battery was decent before, but now is terrible. I would really appreciate some advice. Thank you!

Re: Battery issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You’ve done some great steps Brownt94. You’re very savvy with troubleshooting your phone. Let’s work together to see how we assist with your battery concerns to bring some energy back to your device. Here’s a video of some additional things you may try: http://spr.ly/6586Bf3yY Any new software updates done your device?

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Brownt94
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yesterday, I happened to check for a software update.  Usually it notifies me automatically if there's an update. But after manually checking, there was one. After installing the update it appears that the battery life has improved significantly. I haven't used the phone a lot today, but it is sitting at 80% and it's almost 3 PM.

This look like it solved the problem. I'm gonna wait a day or so to see how it fares, but it is looking good. Thank you!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Brownt94,

I am glad to hear your device’s battery life has improved. Please let us know if you should have any other concerns we can assist you with.

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes