Re: Bait and Switch
mama23dogs
Legend

@Janfargo wrote:

Same thing happened to me and my step-dad. Bought phones on July 30th 2019. We bought tablets as well. Verizon told us the same thing!!! And they did have BOGO signs on the wall too is why we asked for the deal. Also told us they were waiving activation because we purchase so much. Not true! First bill showed activation for 4 devices

The retail stores do not charge, and can't waive a fee added automatically by computer later, on the first bill.  

0 Likes
Galway1

Your point that if one fails to read all the small print ...it is on them! 

Has  buying a phone become so specialized that customers should take a well versed advocate with them? 
Or pay a lawyer to review the contract and bill?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@Galway1 wrote:

Your point that if one fails to read all the small print ...it is on them! 

Has  buying a phone become so specialized that customers should take a well versed advocate with them? 
Or pay a lawyer to review the contract and bill?

It doesn’t take a lawyer or law degree to read the sales page.

As a precaution, I would save these screenshots if I were buying this device. 

F4DD96A5-3CA9-4FBB-A271-4A9485CE3A45.jpegA3330FD3-C182-4475-978B-53D4FDD36F74.jpeg1786DBC4-4684-4147-BD02-82769C318487.jpegBEC7BB63-D622-48E2-8A8F-0DBC94728036.jpeg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Galway1, I assure you this is not the impression we would like for you to have. Getting the best deal on a new phone is vital, and our goal is to make sure you are fully aware of how our promotions work. Keep in mind that details about the promotions are always listed on our website. I hope this helps. 

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes
disgruntled55

I strongly suggest people print their chats with customer service reps for future reference.  I signed up for a BOGO in May 2020 but am being told now that promotion wasn't available to me - only if I added a line.  But I asked the customer service rep that exact question and he assured me the promotion was applicable.  Now I am stuck paying for 4 upgrades.

0 Likes
disgruntled55

And with regard to Verizon's response to Galway1 - I read the the promotions and QUESTIONED the rep about the requirement for the new line.  He responded that I was eligible for the BOGO without adding new lines.  Never would I upgrade 4 phones and increase my bill by $100 during a pandemic if this BOGO offer had not been made.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@disgruntled55 wrote:

And with regard to Verizon's response to Galway1 - I read the the promotions and QUESTIONED the rep about the requirement for the new line.  He responded that I was eligible for the BOGO without adding new lines.  Never would I upgrade 4 phones and increase my bill by $100 during a pandemic if this BOGO offer had not been made.

So why does Verizon publish Promotions with these requirements?   🤨.   If those requirements don't count, why have them?  
And why are you asking questions about a promotion you read and know you don't qualify for? 
You gave someone whose job depended on meeting quotas the opportunity to basically lie to you when you already knew the requirement was a new line.  
so like 99% of your fellow customers do you have to pay for your phones which you didn’t have to buy at all.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

@disgruntled55 wrote:

As has been said time and again, it something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. You should ask for proof. A chat transcript is NOT proof.

Did you ask for a link detailing this promotion which DOES NOT require a new line of service? Unless you have an offer in front of you "in writing", you should not believe anyone who contradicts the requirements of an offer you do have. Requesting a link to a Verizon website which outlines these terms which are different to the currently published terms would be the only way I would trust someone who describes a promotion contrary to what I know is normally the case.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

disgruntled55 I can certainly understand being upset at not getting the price you expected. All promotion qualifications are listed on the promotion, the sale representative definitely should have told you. Also, it's printed on the documents you receive via your My Verizon Online account. I apologize this was your experience.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

disgruntled55 I'm sorry I just want to make sure I understand what you are saying. Are you saying you did read the requirement was to add a line?  DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes