Backup assistant removal
bjbeardse
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I setup this phone originally, I chose NOT to use Backup Assistant Plus.

The phone activated it anyways.

How do i get rid of this useless software? Version 2.0 grays out the turn off button, I WANT THIS OFF MY PHONE!

FOR THE RECORD, IT HAS NEVER WORKED! IT EVENTUALLY LOCKS MY PHONE UP AND EATS MY DATA!

NO ERROR MESSAGES, IT JUST LOCKS UP THE PHONE AND EATS DATA!!!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Backup assistant removal
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wetmoref2,

Let's make sure that we get your phone running correctly. Are you using this application on the Samsung Galaxy s4? How long have you been having this issue? While you were in settings, More, Application Manager, under the Downloaded section do you see Cloud? If so and you don't want it on the device please tap on uninstall updates, after that is done head back to the home screen. Then go back into settings, More, Application Manager, Slide to the left to go to ALL, Tap on Cloud and tap on Turn Off. Pleaes keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for any issue you're running into with Backup Assistant. I want to ensure that we're able to accomplish disabling the feature with you. When you have a chance please head into Settings > Accounts > Backup Assistant and turn off sync

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bjbeardse
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yea, sync is off, but the program is still launching.

On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 9:58 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

In the Application Manager, scroll over to All, then scroll down to Backup Assistant.  Clear Cache, Clear Data, and Force Stop.

Back out to the list of All Apps, then scroll down to Sync Service.  Clear Cache, Clear Data, Force Stop, and then Turn Off.

Wetmoref2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've done all this crap but the Backup Assistant is still running! Several times a day the damn thing will engage, draining my processor [and now it's engaging the damn Google Play Services Updater and disengaging my wireless connection]! I have the damn thing set to not backup any file types BUT every time I find it running, I check the settings again AND FIND THE F'N THING HAS RESET ITSELF TO BACKUP ALL FILES AND ALL MEDIA TYPES!  I WANT THIS AND THE DAMN CLOUD GONE!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wetmoref2,

Let's make sure that we get your phone running correctly. Are you using this application on the Samsung Galaxy s4? How long have you been having this issue? While you were in settings, More, Application Manager, under the Downloaded section do you see Cloud? If so and you don't want it on the device please tap on uninstall updates, after that is done head back to the home screen. Then go back into settings, More, Application Manager, Slide to the left to go to ALL, Tap on Cloud and tap on Turn Off. Pleaes keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes