Re: Backup Assistant Plus not working properly after update I545VRUGOF1
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mikeys7772!

I wouldn't want to get that message every morning either. Have you gone into the Backup Assistant application and turned off auto sync? This should stop the messages you mention.

Hope this helps!

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mikeys7772
Enthusiast - Level 1

ChristinaB_VZW -

Need the instructions to turn off auto sync. I go to:

Settings | Application Manager | Backup Assistant Plus version 2.0

I see 2 buttons: Force Stop and Disable (which is disabled, by the way)

Show notifications is checked, but disabled.

Storage statistics

2 more buttons: Move to SD card (disabled) and Clear Data (enabled)

Cache stat and button to clear cache

Launch by default title (nothing happens when I touch it)

No default set

1 more button: Clear defaults (disabled)

And then a list of permissions.

Menu button on phone doesn't bring up any menu items.

If I force the app to stop, all that happens is the Force Stop button is now disabled.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

- Mike

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mikeys7772,

That is right where we need to be. BUA is being rather stubborn. Have you been able to clear the cache and data? Is there an option that says uninstall updates? Have you checked in Play store if the app is there to download?

Try looking in settings> accounts> backup assistant> does that allow you to turn sync off?
DerekR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mikeys7772
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the quick response!

I already went to the settings> accounts> backup assistant>

I unchecked the sync contacts a few weeks ago, but I am still getting the daily messages. Just now I clicked on the Sync history and got a message that the account was activated on another device and to click OK to re-activate it. Don't think that is true, but that's the message. I DID NOT click OK because that is counterproductive to my goals. Then I was brought into the sync history where it said that the last backup was Today, 06:28 AM, Failed.

To answer your other questions, I've always been able to Clear the cache and the data, but that doesn't seem to stop BUA. There is no option to uninstall updates. BUA is not in the Google Play store.

I think that answers all your questions. Please don't give up on us and thank you for your continued support!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you continuing to work with us, mikeys7772. We're not giving up. Going back to the steps you were using to force stop the app from within the Application Manager, from the list of applications, is it possible there are two Backup Assistant apps? I only ask because when I checked my phone I had Backup Assistant Plus, where I could only force stop, but I also has a second BUA+ app which did include the option to disable. Make sure when in the Application Manager, you swipe left until you are under the "ALL" section.

AndreaS_VZW

0 Likes
mikeys7772
Enthusiast - Level 1

Only 1 BUA app (plus or otherwise). There is a backup and restore AGENT, but that's all I have for backup in the ALL column in the Application Manager.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mikeys7772

I appreciate the time and patience you have spent on this so far. When BUA was replaced with Verizon Cloud, there were a few phones that didn’t quite get the memo on what needed to be done. At this time, the solution to getting these messages to stop will be to Factory Reset your device. This will allow the new system updates to fully integrate into the device and resolve this issue for you. Since you do have the Cloud working, make sure it has performed a recent update and then you can perform the reset.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/galaxy-s4-reset/

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jstremming
Enthusiast - Level 1

What about note 3 users?

On Sep 27, 2015 3:53 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
mikeys7772
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for identifying A solution. Based on all the different advice we've heard from VZN support, I'm not going to jump on this solution. There must be some way to get BUA+ the "memo" without the risk of a Factory Reset. Honestly, I'm not trusting VZN to return my phone to the state it was in prior to the reset.

What else do you got?

- M -

0 Likes