Re: Backup Assistant Plus not working properly after update I545VRUGOF1
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'll be happy to provide directions mickeys7772. For directions on how to view the software on your phone click, http://vz.to/1QmgcEI Also, can you provide me with the steps on how you are trying to sync contacts to your phone. I want a better understanding on how you are using the application.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mikeys7772
Enthusiast - Level 1

Baseband Version = I545VRUGOF1

Build Number = LRX22C.I545VRUGOF1

Backup Asst. Plus = v2.0

Backup and Restore Agent v50.150142

Not quite sure what you mean my "how I'm using the application". I thought it's intended purpose was to back up my contacts so they could be restored in case of failure.

Under Settings | Accounts, I select Backup Assistant Plus. It only has 1 radio button available and it says: Sync Contacts. It is selected. Under that it says: Sync Time. It has no options displayed and says "Late night (12am - 6am). Under that is says Sync History with a extension arrow. The last backup attempt says contacts backup up: 68. Last backup says Today, 01:15AM, Failed.

AND my name is Mike.

What else do you need?

- M -

0 Likes
mikeys7772
Enthusiast - Level 1

Come on back, Jive. Don't give up on me now.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am not giving up on this Mike. I do know that your phone does have Verizon Cloud now which replaces Back up Assistant. Are you able to save you contacts http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/consumer/products/verizon-cloud.html?intcmp=INT-SEA-NON-CS-cloud... there?

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mikeys7772
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you. This is the first time I've heard from a Verizon representative that the Verizon Cloud App is replacing Back Up Assistant Plus. I have configured the cloud to backup my phone and it is currently backing up. The final question is how to uninstall backup asst since I no longer have a need for it?

Thanks!

- Mike

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mikeys7772, our pleasure in helping. As it will depend on if the application came with the device, if you did not download this to the phone after activation, then it’s an application that can not be removed. However if that is the case, that’s okay. You may disable the app so it does not attempt to run while you have Cloud going: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-82157/ 

As no harm in leaving it on the phone, just disable in settings and using the Verizon Cloud is just fine.

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
survtech

I have the same problem.  I don't want Verizon Cloud and multiple attempts to disable Backup Assistant Plus have been unsuccessful. The "Disable" option remains greyed out - the only option is to "Force Stop" the app and that doesn't prevent it from reloading.

What are my options?

0 Likes
mikeys7772
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have not found a way to completely disable the app, which is very frustrating. Verizon technical people?

I've stopped it, cleared the data, and I still get messages from it. I heard that I could go on MyVerizon and stop it but I haven't found it yet.

So, I'm OK with my stuff being backed up to the cloud via the Verizon Cloud app. I just want to find a way to disable the Backup Assistant Plus app and its messages on my phone.

BTW, I found these Q&As about the app:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/backup-assistant-plus-faqs/

0 Likes
RonKaznowski

I am having the same issue. I also have the 4. I can force stop, but I cannot disable. I need to be able to disable. I do have the cloud enabled. I am sick of getting the error message every morning. And to be honest, the bigger issue how much TIME I have wasted both trying to research a solution, trying the solutions, and then not even getting anywhere, when I shouldn't be having to think about it all for what I pay each month for my Verizon service. Frustrating.

0 Likes
mikeys7772
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon Customer Service -

Need one last bit of help. I've tried to follow your instructions, but they are not complete.

I can stop it, delete the data, clear the cache, but it restarts every morning and at every reboot.

If I can't uninstall it, and I can't disable it, then at least help me stop the messages I get every morning that says there is an Authentication Error.

Thanks!

- Mike

0 Likes