Back button not working on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
jseymour84

Hello everyone, for the last few days now my s6 edge has been having problems with the back button not working.  A factory reset helps for about 20 minutes then it stops working again, so I suspect it's an update to one of the built in bloatware apps from Samsung that causes the issue, but I can't find a way to prevent the Samsung apps from downloading. 

I've tried clearing caches, I've tried multiple factory resets and I ran the Software Repair Assistant from Verizon to repair my phone and still no luck.  The soft button to the left of the home key works just fine, but the back button doesn't even register when I touch it - no lights, no vibration.  This is my second Samsung phone as the hard buttons on my first one just stopped working out of the blue as well, but I was able to exhange that one under warranty.

Any one have any other ideas to try or do I need to replace this phone, again?

0 Likes
Re: Back button not working on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
jseymour84

I decided to try installing the marshmallow update today and it fixed my back button issue.  Not certain what the underlying cause is, but my back button has been working for the last 10 hours without issue.

0 Likes