Automatically turn WiFi off when phone is in driving mode.
JoshD57

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 and I use the Verizon Message+ app.  It is set up so that when I connect my bluetooth headset the phone goes into "driving mode" and automatically replies to text messages.   I also have my phone set to automatically connect to WiFi hotspots provided my my ISP (Optimum WiFi).  This causes a problem when I'm driving because the phone will connect to WiFi briefly as I drive by a hotspot and then disconnect as I leave the hotspot.  This causes a problem because often when I activate my bluetooth headset to give a voice command such as "call home" my phone will respond "this internet connection is not good enough right now".  In addition, if a call initially connected using WiFi calling, it will be dropped if I drive away (at least I think that's what's causing the dropped calls).    Does anybody know of an app or function that will tap into the Message+ "driving mode" setting and automatically turn off the WiFi so that my phone will operate only on LTE while driving but will automatically reconnect to WiFi when I stop and turn off my headset?  

There is an app called "DriveFi" for Republic Wireless but I'm not sure if will work with Verizon and it uses the GPS to sense motion so it wouldn't be quite as effective.

0 Likes
Re: Automatically turn WiFi off when phone is in driving mode.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It takes all of a second or two to manually turn off the wifi radio before you back out of your driveway. Or you can set your phone to NOT automatically connect to open WiFi hotspots.

Otherwise you can try IFTTT - Android Apps on Google Play

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.