Are there any Galaxy S8/S8+upgrades for Note7 owners who were forced to downgrade to S7edges?
creativeusername
Enthusiast - Level 2

Will there be any discounts on the Galaxy S8/S8+ for Note7 owners who were forced to downgrade to S7edges?

Samsung said that former Note7 owners in Korea who exchanged their Note7s for S7edges can trade their S7edges in for an S8/S8+.  This should also apply to America.

Re: Are there any Galaxy S8/S8+upgrades for Note7 owners who were forced to downgrade to S7edges?
RHoopes21
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am not the least bit surprised that there is no reply's from Verizon regarding this topic.  When I turned in my 2nd Note 7, after they said the original battery issue was solved, I told them that the S8 and S8+ would be coming in March/April, and they said they had no knowledge of that.  If Samsung really wants to get the Note 7 users back, they better make a move to help all of us forced to get their S7 Edge (garbage compared to S8/S8+).  I'm considering leaving Verizon, and getting it with a competitor.  I would rather have my Note 4 back, but they said that isn't possible.  I'm pretty upset about the whole situation, and actually emailed the Executive Vice President of the Mobile Division.  Looking forward to hearing what their solution is.

Re: Are there any Galaxy S8/S8+upgrades for Note7 owners who were forced to downgrade to S7edges?
creativeusername
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is a great idea.  Where can I find his/her email address?

JTJ1017
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too would like to know the same..

I was told that in addition to the few dollars they refunded us, we would be allowed to upgrade to S8 for free or a minimal charge if I settled for the S7 or S7 edge at that time.

RHoopes21
Enthusiast - Level 1

http://www.verizon.com/about/our-company/executive-bios/tami-erwin

Click the "Contact" tab.  I should of course remind all of you that intend to respond to an Executive Vice President of such a large company to be polite, but state your concern with reason.  I have reached out previously when the second Note 7 ended up having issues.  They didn't have much they could do at the time, but they did call me and talk to me.  We have to remember this isn't necessarily Verizon's fault.  Keep record of all correspondence as well, and good luck!