Apps will not download, even with full 4G service
clboatright
Enthusiast - Level 2

What the crap? I can't download any apps from the Playstore. I've got 9 app updates, and I've tried to download a few new ones, and none of them even started to download. Anyone know what the deal is?

Re: Apps will not download, even with full 4G service
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried rebooting the phone to see if it will reset the data connection?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
billl72

I have the same issue- restarting does not help- i get the message "Error receiving information from server. [RPC:S-5:AEC-0]

0 Likes
clboatright
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yea. I've turned it off and on multiple times, and taken it apart and left the battery out over night. Nothing's working.

0 Likes
clboatright
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not getting and error message. It just keeps the "downloading" animation going until my battery dies, without downloading anything. I tried to download a PDF yesterday and it wouldn't even download it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@billl72

I'm sure this can be frustrating!  Let's get your Galaxy S III downloading applications successfully again.

Try this:

Go to settings > application management > all tab > force stop and clear data from the following:
google services framework
google play store uninstall updates
google play services uninstall updates

Then restart the device.  Please let me know how this works out for you.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Clboatright
Great suggestions by my coworker Anthony. I would also recommend making sure Wifi is turned off and retesting. If the issue persists try powering in Safe mode and retest. Here's how: http://bit.ly/Wvg2zd

Joe_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
clboatright
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've done both things. It's still not working. I had the opportunity to have absolutely no service, but connect to a Wifi, and it still won't download anything. I keep my wifi turned off unless I am close to a source that I trust. I've also been having problems sending picture through text.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh wow. That's pretty strange, clboatright. It does help us to confirm it's not something on our network stopping the download since you were also getting the error on WiFi. We haven't given up. Please try:

Settings>Data Usage> make sure Mobile Data is on and limit mobile data usage is off. Also press Menu and make sure Restrict Background Data is off.
**then return to home screen**
Settings>Application Manager>All>tap Play Store then clear cache (not data) and force stop
**then return to home screen**
Settings>Application Manager>All>tap Google Service Framework and clear data (not cache) and force stop

Then reboot your phone. If the trouble continues, a full hard reseet http://vz.to/LfV00q would be the next step. Please keep us posted.

Jennifer_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
clboatright
Enthusiast - Level 2

That didn't work either. Smiley Sad Bummer

0 Likes