Re: Anyone having S8 screen protector issues?
Denjen2001
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is Ridiculous you spend all that money for a phone and they can't even have a screen protector that works. I shouldn't have to beat on my phone in order to get a letter or a number to work. Very disappointed that Verizon Is selling this product knowing that there's a problem.

E5Destroyer
Contributor - Level 1

the ZAGG Sapphire is the best out there. I have used many others and this is the best. The sensitivity is spot on and sticks very well. Use it with the Oter Box and you are Golden. I dropped mine today at work 7 feet onto concrete and no scratches.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

singingot2,

We never want you having to worry about something as simple as a screen protector. A new phone should be exciting and we want the time after you get it to be focused on enjoying it and getting used to it. So we can check options for you I sent you a PM. Please reply when you are able to.

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Denjen2001,

We know how important it is to have your device protected. It is alarming to hear you have been having issues with yours. Do you recall which screen protector you had purchased? Also, what exactly is occurring with your screen protector?

ChristineJ_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Denjen2001
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Verizon one.  Pete at the store just put it on he said it was the Verizon one made for the phone.  Went back the next day he put a new one on and same issues. You have to push hard to get the letters and numbers to appear in a text or when you're Google searching something. Also the pull down menu it's very hard to get it to pull down if it even pulls down.

ALENEJ62
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes, it broke within two weeks and I scratched my face and finger with the small shards of glass.  I almost got a piece of glass in my eye.

I got onto a Verizon chat, and they gave me a courtesy credit- they seemed generally concerned about the issue.

It cracked, then got worse by the day.  the ee at the store told me they are having some QA issues with the item.

ALENEJ62
Enthusiast - Level 2

I may have to look into that, I am asking for a credit on the one they sold me.  I will use the credit to purchase the Zagg one at the Cerritos California mall.

RonAllyUser
Enthusiast - Level 1

Samsung Galaxy S8, good.  Samsung Galaxy S8 with Verizon's screen protectors, BAD.  The curved screen does not work well with the protector.  In fact the first time I dropped my S8 the protector popped off the phone.  It was when I took the phone back to the store to have the protector reinstalled that I realized that the phone's touch screen worked very well (including near the curves) without the protector.  But when my second (and top of the line) protector was put onto the phone, the screen was again dulled to the touch.  Trying to enter my security code, type a message, and select hyperlinks on a website are extremely difficult with a screen protector on the S8.  The screen protector makes using my new S8 most unpleasant!

I loved my S6 and protector.  If fact after 2 years the protector had a crack, but the screen was pristine.  And I never once had a problem with the sensitivity of the screen on the S6.

E5Destroyer
Contributor - Level 1

make sure you get the ZAGG SAPPHIRE<!!!  The ZAGG curve is just as bad as the Verizon one. I do not think Verizon stores sell the curve yet but you can call ZAGG and they will send you on curve does not work for free.

I am telling yall Today at work I  dropped my phone onto gravel and not a scratch. I have had the SAPPHIRE by ZAGG for 2 weeks with my Defender Oter Box and 0 scratch. Worth looking into.

JUST DO NOT BE CONFUSED WHEN PEOPLE SAY THE ZAGG FOR S8 IS BAD, 9 OUT OF 10 TIMES THEY ARE TALKING BAOUT THE ZAGG CURVE AND THAT DOES SUCK. THE SAPPHIRE CAM EOUT 2 WEEKS AGO AND IS A GEM.