Anyone having S8 screen protector issues?
CYNOVE32

Zagg glass protector dulls the touch sensitivity on the screen so doesn't recognize keystrokes.  I like the phone but can't live without a screen protector.  Anyone have a solution without going to a bulky case or returning the phone?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Anyone having S8 screen protector issues?
LADRNC
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I had the same problem with safe screen. I took it off and returned it to Verizon who gave me a refund. I got the Samsung S view case for the phone which I am very happy with. When closed it protects the screen when in your pocket or anywhere else you put it down. Try it out.

PAULG79
Enthusiast - Level 1

Had the same experience. The Verizon shop had no solution and we had to return the phone and pay a $35 restocking fee. Feels cheated.

TCContre
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the Verizon tempered glass and it was horrible. It was painful using my phone. I returned it and got the Zagg tempered glass, it got better. Better is not enough the left side seemed to have sensitivity issues. I also returned it (today). Now I am using no screen protector until there is a better one out there.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello PAULG79,

We definitely want you to be fully enjoying your new device. Why did you return the phone to the store?

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Rolfster
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just had my wife get the Samsung Galaxy S8 and she (and by she I mean me since I have been dealing with the screen protector issue) has been having screen protector issues.  First we bought the ZAGG Invisible Shield HD Glass screen protector.  She had a nasty air bubble in the left half of the screen.  The VZW employee said to give it 48 hours.  First of all I have learned that the line, "give it BLANK hours" to have the air bubble work themselves out is the biggest lie I have ever been told.  If the air bubbles are not out when you leave the store, the are never coming out (LOL!).  So never let them tell you that.

I handled my return through ZAGG since I have the S7 (I know, no curve so it is an "easier" application.  Though admittedly I hate putting screen protectors on because I would rather have the VZW employee liable if they[Removed] it up and can go in the back and get another one and not me fork over the $ for another one.).  I like ZAGG and have never had any issues.  However, this is my 3rd screen protector through ZAGG and none have worked.  ZAGG mailed me the Sapphire version for the S8 which supposedly is supposed to be the "toughest" version.  The problem with the Sapphire is that it does not wrap around the entire edge.  I am not quite sure why they designed it that way, but that was a major design flaw.  If it was on purpose, then then they need to explain why when comparison shopping.  At any rate, the HD glass version only has adhesive on the edges and the Sapphire has adhesive on the entire shield.  For the life of me, VZW and when I applied it myself just now could not get all of the air bubbles out to save our lives!  I have these tiny micro bubble stuck on the edges.  I followed all the videos that ZAGG has on their website (watched over and over prior to installing the shield) and read the instructions several times over.  I am an Aerospace Engineer and feel like after doing this I need to be in a clean room so that I have absolutely no hair, or debris around because even with the ZAGG provided "dust sticker" or what you would see a VZW employee use as magic tape, there is still dust that gets under the shield.
I say all this to basically sympathize with you CYNOVE32.  I know this is no battery explosion like the Note 7 had, but just think about all of the money either VZW or the screen protection companies have made over the last several weeks. You have those that refund and no additional amount of money changes hands, but then you have the consumers that say, "[Removed] it" and buy an new one.
ZAGG has been great in terms of sending me new screen protectors.  I am going to try and go back to the glass, but we shall see.  My wife is really mad that I suggested her to go from the S6 to the S8.

VZW on the other hand has not been very helpful with my dissatisfaction. I mean, if we are either dropping $700+ on the spot for a new phone, or incrementally for the purchase plan, money for new cords because Samsung didn't bother to mention that the S8 uses USB-C (might have gotten the acronym incorrect but you know what I am talking about) and new phone case, they should be a lot more helpful.

My apologies for the rant!  This screen protector issue is absolutely ridiculous!  VZW employee who will reply to this, what are you recommending we do for the best screen protector for the S8?

Regards,

Rolfster8

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service 

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

E5Destroyer
Contributor - Level 1

i STRONGLY SUGGEST THE ZAGG SAPPHIRE.

DO NOT MIX THIS UP WITH THE CURVE GLASS. The Sapphire just came out last week. I have 0 issues with it. I work construction and drop my phone alot so I use it with the Oterbox defender. While Verizon DOES NOT sell the SAPPHIRE yet it can be ordered via ZAGG. Unlike the previous one and the one Verizon has (yes I tried all them) this one sticks on the entire glass. the key sensitivity is spot on also. Just take your time putting it on since the sticky stuff covers the entire screen. AGAIN THIS IS THE ZAGG SAPPHIRE NOT!!! THE ZAGG CURVE GLASS.

KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

I'm using armour suit and so far so good.

GFay

I have very same problem.

0 Likes
singingot2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I preordered a new Samsung S8 at Best Buy, picked it up April 24.  Since it was brand new, Best Buy did not have any screen protectors in stock, and not a great selection of cases.  So I went to the Verizon store across the street.  Bought a case and a Verizon Ultra Screen Protector, a glass screen protector, which was installed at the store.  This was a screen protector which was designed for the S8, with the curved screen.  After installing this screen, I had a horrible time with screen responsiveness.  I had to tap the screen numerous times to open something, and more the half the time the keyboard would miss letters I typed, so I'd have to back up or erase and retype over and over.  After two days of frustration,  I chatted with a Samsung support rep who said the symptoms looked like I had a bad phone, and I needed to return it.  I went back to Best Buy, and several of their sales people said that the glass screen was probably the problem.  I guess the S7 edge had similar problems with the glass screen protector.   I tried to return the screen protector at Verizon, and they said no returns, only exchanges.  I was very upset, I returned the case I purchased and exchanged the screen protector for a new one, which is still in the box.  I went back to Best Buy, purchased a new case and a Zagg Invisible shield protector, and I had their Geek Squad install the screen protector.  I didn't like the first  installation which seemed to have a crease in it, and they installed another one which looked better, but bubbly.  They said give it 24-48 hours to dry.  Well, after about 12 hours the screen had no bubbles and looked perfect.  My phone has no more problems with screen responsivity.  I am very upset that Verizon will not accept a return on the glass screen protector, which was obviously not working on this phone.  I'm out $45 for the screen protector, which is brand new  in the box.  I highly recommend purchasing and installing the screen protectors at Best Buy--even though they charge $8 for the install, they guarantee their work.  I do not recommend glass screen protectors.