Anyone else experiencing slow charging with their Galaxy S4?
CAL926
Enthusiast - Level 3

After updating my phone to kit kat some time ago, I've recently been experiencing slow charging issues. I plugged my phone in for about two hours and the battery went from 2%-48%. I continued to let it charge til 2a and it was only at 63%. It did eventually reach 100% but I don't understand why it's recently become an issue. I'm using the OEM charger and cable, tried plugging the AC adapter directly into a wall outlet, and even purchased a new battery.

0 Likes
Re: Anyone else experiencing slow charging with their Galaxy S4?
lindat75

I'm having that issue with one of my chargers.  It tells me to use the charger that came with my phone fir faster charging. It is, and it does the same thing in my husband's phone. Our other charger works though on both phones.

0 Likes
duhmud5

Only with the factory cord..I got a new cord.  Charges pretty fast.

0 Likes
Syco0601
Enthusiast - Level 2

Download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.abmantis.galaxychargingcurrent.free&hl=en

Look at what it is charging at.  The stock OEM one charges in the range of 1200-1800.  I had the same issue and Samsung did something to mess with non OEM chargers. Is the charger you have the one that came with the phone or did you order it online as an "OEM" one?

0 Likes
CAL926
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm using the one that came with the phone. I downloaded the app and averaged 1200mAh at 73% and 1900mAh at 82% and back down to 1200 at 92%.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

That's what SHOULD be happening.

It should trickle charge.

0 Likes
CAL926
Enthusiast - Level 3

Vzw recently released "update" NG6. I installed it and while the release notes don't mention anything about battery life, I have noticed more of a rapid charge rate. On the downside my phone has unexpectedly restarted 4x in the past two days.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If the phone is functioning properly.

from 1-40% It should charge at a normal rate.  from 41-90% it should quick charge, and form 90-100% it should slow charge.  I believe those are the exact %'s but I could be off a little.  I know the last 10% should be slow.

0 Likes