Re: Anyone been scammed out of their BOGO for the Samsung 7 ?
VINSTIGATOR1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ann154,

If your post was meant to be funny, I thank you. This topic has been anything but.

By the way, the terms & conditions for the bogo offer was NOT readily available in

the store at which I purchased the phones. If I were the only one having problems,

that would be a horse of a different color. I seem to be far from alone in this.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could have asked to see the Terms and Conditions of the deal in the store.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AMYPUR48
Enthusiast - Level 2

I could not agree more.  I even chatted with sales twice before purchasing my phones and was told upgrading my current lines qualified for BOGO.  Then I'm told after 3 months that I do not qualify as I did not read the fine print and activate a NEW line.  The sales rep could have told me that!   I think it's an intentional scam.  I have been with Verizon since my very first cell phone over 15 years ago,  I will be switching the very second my contract ends.

KRUTCH44
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm going through it right now.Today I  wondering where  my rebates were,so  I called 611 then 877 899 8980 then rebate dept 800 457 0864.The rebate person informed me that my rebate was never submitted.After I explained that the rep at the store said he would handle the rebate. he advised me that he had heard this same story before and he was telling people  to go to the store I purchased it at.And that the store would have to make good on the rebate in some form.The guy( Sean) at the store denied ever telling us that we would even get a rebate.When I reminded him it took 2 days to get these phones and he most certainly did tell us 8 to 10 weeks for rebates to come in the mail.The best he could say was he would look into it and call me monday.I remember saying to my family after getting the phones that this felt like buying a used car .Verizon feels like its one big scam.

0 Likes
JSL8124
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've purchased my phone on 3/26/16 and submitted all required details. However, I have yet to get a straight answer from the reps at the rebate center. I've been getting the 15th business day answer for some time now. How much longer do I need to wait or what else can I do to get my rebate card?

Thanks,

James

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AMYPUR48, we have truly enjoyed having you as our customer for the last 15 years and hoping to make it a lifetime relationship as we’d be lost without you. Please accept my biggest apology for any confusion on the BOGO offer as it does require for one of the lines of service to be a new line of service. I do hope you reconsider as we want to continue to be your wireless provider.

NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
LAUCOX70

Not the samsung, but the iphone 6 bogo deal, yes.

Currently trying to work through the manager who is supposed to be talking to the district manager.  Had to go through the main Verizon help line to get the manager to act.

Summary:  The bogo offer was for the iphone 6 or 6s. 

The sales representative said the SE was also eligible.  We asked if they were sure about this, because the flyer we had in our hand did not specify the SE.  She said it was. 

A week after purchasing the phones we find out from Verizon that they will not honor the bogo because the SE was not part of the offer.  We attempted to call the Verizon store that we purchased them from several times. 

The sales representative called us back and said we could exchange the incorrect phones for the correct ones, and we had plenty of time to do so.

We asked for a manager to call us to get the specifics and when to coordinate as we were out of the state.

No manager called back.

I called the store, spoke to a manager who started to help me, put me on hold, and then the call was disconnected.  I called right back and another representative answered and said the manager was "busy."

I went into the store today.  I spoke with a manager who looked up our information and said they couldn't help us because the bogo deal had expired, and it was past the 14 day return window. 

I pressed that it was their fault that they sold the wrong phones to us, and that they have not been returning our phone calls and that they needed to rectify the issue. 

After a long argument with the manager the manager offered $250 in discounts on the next 5 months of bills.  (Not even half the value of the phone that was supposed to be free).  I said, 'no,' and told the manager I expected a satisfactory resolution within 7 days.

I then called the main Verizon support line who then contacted the store and I am now awaiting a return call from the manager by Wed. of next week to give me a response.

Extremely unhappy with this Verizon store.

0 Likes
JSL8124
Enthusiast - Level 1

The rebate process is extremely frustrating and I have wasted my time following up multiple times. At this point, I paid off all my new phones and will cancel not only the new service, but all Verizon services. I expected better from a brand like Verizon. I hope that someone is actually looking into this issue other than giving me the 15 business run around since 3/26.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JSL8124, I definitely don't want to lose you. I know your time is valuable as well as your money. We strive to provide the best customer experience and I apologize your encounter didn't reflect this. Please respond to the private message I sent you in effort to further assist. Thank you and I'll be standing by.

TominqueB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never want our customers to feel this way, Krutch44. This is not acceptable and it should have been taken care of by the representative that promised this to you. Due to the various policies that we have it is best to speak with the store manager as well to see if any resolution can be made. What store location was this done at?

JasperM_VZW

0 Likes