Re: Anybody else having trouble with GPS
stef7
Master - Level 2

Make sure you have Settings | Date and time set to "Automatic date & time" and "Automatic time zone" (i.e. both checked).

Also, make sure you have Settings | Location set to Mode High Accuracy.

Next, download GPS Status and Toolbox, and go into Manage A-GPS State. Reset the state, and Download the assistsnce data.  Go outside where the view of the sky is unobscured. Your TFF (Time to First Fix) will be long. Subsequent to that though, it should re-lock fairly quickly.

Good luck.

0 Likes
buckeye3000
Enthusiast - Level 2

i have been having the same issue since the KK update... i have tried everything listed on this topic twice with no luck... I did find this info on another forum and tried it and so far today its worked perfectly like it used to... per the other forum... the weather channel ap and another weather ap  seems to be the issue... it instructed to go to those aps and  un-activate  gps location tracking function and lock them to a specific zip code... it also said to remove updates to google maps (which i had already done) 

this seems to have fixed the issue!!! 

0 Likes
RFGuru
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, mine won't connect. Using GPS Test I can see 14-20 satellites with 4 or 5 past .7 but none are in use and it can't get a fix. I'm a software engineer and this seems like a software error. I chatted with HTC customer service. They admitted there is a problem and they're working on it.

I've tried all the workarounds in other posts and nothing worked for me. I have an HTC One HTC6500LVW.

Let me know if you find something out.

0 Likes
Alberon

Here is the fix for Galaxy S phones and it has nothing to do with software updates. I've been through all of that with Verizon support .

Here is the You Tube video on how to fix this problem:

Easy Fix for Samsung Galaxy GPS Issue - How To Video - YouTube

All you need is a small (#000) Phillips-head screwdriver that you will find at a local Home Depot for less than $6.00

0 Likes