Any other way to recover lost pictures?
BENTES92

Yesterday, my wife's phone died and refused to turn on.  She contacted CSR at Verizon and they ended up walking her through a Factory reset.  She, of course, lost all her stuff.  When I got home, I went on her cloud, and there was nothing under pics or video, only contacts and messages.  O checked the Trash bin from the laptop just to make sure and there's nothing.  Tried online available recovery software and none are compatible with a SM-G925V (Samsung S6 Edge) running 6.0.1 Marshmallow.  Tried a last ditch attempt to root the phone (something I wouldn't ever do unless I was desperate) and that failed because Verizon removed any way to root in the 6.0.1 update.  Is there any other way to recover her precious pictures of our kids from the last 2 years?

0 Likes
Re: Any other way to recover lost pictures?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which cloud did you look at?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is there any chance the phone was backing up to Google photos?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand how upsetting this must be for you and your wife BENTES92. I have a lot of pictures on my phone and would feel sad if they were lost.

Once the pitcures are deleted from the phone we are unable to recover them. Was she backing up her phone before the phone was wiped?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BENTES92

We were told our stuff was setup to automatically back up to the cloud.  My cloud has all my stuff, but when I checked hers after the problem, all I found is her contacts and messages

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
magissna

Know this is a very late post but wanted to provide a few options just in case.

Don't know if this will work, however, if the phone had Google's app Google Photos on it all of her photos will be stored on Google's server. They are kept there for as long as your Google acct remains active and photos can be downloaded.

If her photos were stored on her SD card you could try placing the SD card into a microreader and using a PC to create a file on the SD card (I'd name it 'SD Backup'), then move the entire contents of the SD card to that file. That way any data on the card will be kept from any future loss.

At some point in the future when she has a new Android phone (or if you're brave enough to try putting her SD card in your phone temporarily l, go to Google Play and download an app called "Photo Recovery" by Tasty Blueberry PI. When you run the app make sure you ask it to scan both the entire SD contents as well as external SD contents. I lost all my pictures when I upgraded to a new phone and another time due to something wrong with that phone. Both times I used this app and it recovered every photo I'd ever taken

It's a GREAT recovery app! The only negative about the app is it's so thorough that it also recovers as pictures the app icon for every app you have. While you get every picture you have on your phone you will have to spend some time deleting items like app icons. Don't know if any of this helps, but hope it provides you with a few options.

0 Likes