Annual upgrade from S7 to S8 , non unlimited plan
jms515
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have two payments left to hit the 50% balance on my S7, and one was billed today so technically I only have one left.  I am on a single line 5gb new Verizon plan.

If I decide I like the S8 pre-order promos from a major authorized dealer (i.e. warehouse club, Walmart, Best Buy) can I order the S8 through them and still trade back by S8 to Verizon to satisfy my 50% device balance?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Annual upgrade from S7 to S8 , non unlimited plan
jms515
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is there anyone from Verizon support who can answer this question???

0 Likes
CHRBOW32

I have the same question. Anyone able to answer?

0 Likes
Ecuaboi
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you go to Best Buy and you wanna trade in your S7 to the S8, you can. They will provide you a return box and pre label to return the phone to Verizon. If they don't have a pre label and the box, you can ask Verizon to send you a free box to ship it to them and a pre label. It will be shipped via USPS. The state to the warehouse is located in Texas.

Just  verify with Best Buy and see what they say first.

0 Likes
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

NO, the upgrade is only available using the Verizon payment plan. 

0 Likes
jms515
Enthusiast - Level 3

Requires Device Installment Plan (Payment Plan) but that has absolutely nothing to do with buying it from an authorized dealer such as Best Buy, Costco, Target etc.   So you can get "payment plan" with Verizon from any of them

0 Likes
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

Sorry, thought he was buying phone outright. I misunderstood the question. My bad.

0 Likes