Android® Security Patch Level: 2018-05-01
teeshot
Contributor - Level 1

Well well well.  Since the 2018-05-01 up date is now published, We Verizon users of the S9 and S9+ are suffering with a 3 month old security level. of 2018-02-01.  "Come on man" as they say.  Can Verizon offer a real non plitical answer as to "Why"? they are not more proactive in customer protection.

0 Likes
Re: Android® Security Patch Level: 2018-05-01
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The security updates have been released by Google. Samsung and the other manufacturers have their step to take now to get it incorporated into their various models. Verizon and the other carriers have to wait for the manufacturers to finish for each individual device model for that model to be updated.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

teeshot
Contributor - Level 1

Samsung has released their May Security Update.  As a matter of fact, Samsung has released  an update each month this year. NOTE THAT I SAID SAMSUNG HAS RELEASED.  Google and Samsung have the ability to issue Updates independent of each other. 

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then provide the link proving that.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Bentmountain
Contributor - Level 1
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

From that link, "Now that the company has detailed the latest security maintenance release for compatible devices, it can get down to the business of actually rolling out the updates. The process will be carried out throughout the month of May so it may be a while before your handset gets the May 2018 security patch."

It COULD be a while.

ACRA42
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes of course, but while they wait for the May patch to roll out they are actually enjoying having the April patch. We're still stuck with the February 1st security patch. So by your logic by the end of the year we should be getting the April patch.