Android 4.3 Update: Where Is A Public Statement From Verizon and Samsung?
Steve91313
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's very clear what's going on; the OTA Andoird 4.3 is mega failure.

Samsung and Verizon can no longer pretend there isn't a major issue.

Has either company made a public statement since January 1, 2014?

If not, we demand a public statement.

WE DEMAND A FIX!.

0 Likes
Re: Android 4.3 Update: Where Is A Public Statement From Verizon and Samsung?
Not applicable

You are demanding to a empty room.

Your issue is more Samsung than Verizon. Samsung releases the updates to Verizon, Verizon then fiddles around with the updated OS to they claim Test it.

And for android devices I think Google is the creator of the operating system.

If you were to check with Verizon Wireless there is no issues with the update. You see 120 Million people with different devices and your brand included are not all clamoring as saying the update is bad. Think of the percentages. 120 Million to 100, 1000, or 10,000 devices that did not take the update as it should.

Good Luck

Steve91313
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Elector,

I posted this as a new thread in the "Samsung Galaxy S III and Samsung Galaxy S III Mini" forum. I posted this as new thread because I didn't want this to get buried in a collection of pleas for help. This is not an empty "room".

Not applicable

Steve, the empty room analogy is not that there are no people reading your post it is that Verizon will if you read other posts on the issue just chime in with some canned response.

You see to them it is not an issue. Now if all the users of your device were to call, write and chat about it I am sure then it would be an issue for them. At present they are just letting it slide. A pity but I can understand why.

Samsung is really the people that should get blasted so they can send a corrected OS out to Verizon who then can send it out.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Steve91313
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Elector,

If someone sold you a home and months later you discovered there was a significant issue not disclosed to you before the sale, who do you go after? You go after not just the previous home owner, but also the real estate agent. Both lied to you hidding the issue about the home. This my analogy of who's responsible for the Android 4.3 debacle as it relates to Verizon.

Verizon knew of Samsung's issues with Android 4.3 back in November 2013. Google it. But even then Verizon still sent it out OTA. Verizon is therefore at fault as much as Samsung. Verizon loaded their bloatware on top of Samsung's bloatware and continually told us, via our devices, that the updated was needed.

You also continue to speak like there is only a couple dozen of us that are suffering for this. You are poorly misinformed.

rudeguyy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would also say the reason I go after Verizon is because that is who my contract is with..they are the ones I pay every month for service so they should be the ones working with me. If I buy a pair of Dockers at Macy's and they are defective I bring it back to Macy's I don't call the Dockers factory. They are both responsible but I am going to the place that I pay.

Not applicable

No Steve I am not saying its just a few of you with the problem.

What I am saying is Verizon does not see 100, 1,000 or 10,000 people with this device all beating down their doors saying they have an issue. Yes Google it, I am sure other carriers are having the same issue.

I also mentioned the bloatware but unless your carrier is selling the  iPhones there will be carrier bloatware as well as manufacturer bloatware on the other brands device. However Verizon is not going to correct the update. It has to be Samsung to send out the fix.

I have advocated that such updates should only come from the maker of the devices, not the cellular carriers much in the way Apple does for its products. But the way it is done now is crazy.

Actually when we purchased our home, we went after the HOME INSPECTOR who gave us and the bank a report of everything being OK. It was a roof problem not listed on his company report which we paid for. And he did make an offer to compensate us. He is insured. However his initial response before we threatened to go to court was "It had to be hidden" after laughing we said how could it be hidden? Its the roof, did he not go into the attic or up on the roof its self?

The second guy we hired checked the house over for hours. And then everything was written correctly. We did not go after the realtor.

Good Luck

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The original post in this thread was also not marked as a question so that pretty much guarantees that the VZW reps won't see it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Your contract is for access to their network. Nothing else.

Verizon does not make the device nor do they allow all devices on their network. They are like Walmart in that they extend you the end buyer of the devices to get the device replaced if defective. If broken you use other insurance.

Verizon and other carriers should just stop selling the devices all together, and make manufacturers just do the updates to the OS and this way Verizon will not spend all the time fiddling with the different devices.

Then if it is a service issue Verizon would handle just those matters. If a customer has a phone update problem or a broken phone then the company that made it and sold it can deal with the problem. This I am positive will happen someday.

Good Luck

0 Likes
rudeguyy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree with what your saying but I bought the phone at Verizon, I pay Verizon monthly for access so naturally my issue is going to be with Verizon. I can go to Samsung but they just direct you back to Verizon. So as a customer we are getting screwed by both yet they still keep collecting money.