ALL OF MY PHOTOS DISAPPEARED!! HELP
honeypotpie

On Monday evening all my photos were in the gallery as well as the "fishbowl" app. I was sending pictures back and forth with my best friend. My camera froze, next thing I know ALL of my galleries are black squares with questions marks. The camera wouldn't work for over 24hrs so I left it alone. I went to check my images (2 plus years worth of my 4 children and my journey through breast cancer) GONE ALL GONE!!!! I tried to recover them but since Verizon wants to block customers from access to their own mass storage USB, >Comment deleted to comply with VZW ToS< I do NOT want to void my warranty or damage my phone but I NEED my pictures!!!!!!!!!! I set up for the back up plus on this site, went to use it hoping it would help and all it keeps telling me is I need to register for it or add it to my plan it gives me a link I follow it and it again confirms I already have it but cannot access it or use it. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME! Thank you in advance for the help!!!

I restarted my phone. I unmounted my SD card, removed it let me phone rest and restarted it. I also attempted to load other galleries as suggested on other forums. None of it has worked at all!

I have the Samsung Galaxy s3 model number 1535

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: ALL OF MY PHOTOS DISAPPEARED!! HELP
Not applicable

Verizon doesn't block anything. If you sent pictures to your best friend then she has copies does she not? Also and don't take this the wrong way but if the pictures were that important why didn't you have back-ups? You could have put copies on your PC or on a thumb drive or on a disc or in cloud storage. >Comment removed< When I take pictures they automatically get put on my SD card I'm not sure why yours works differently.

0 Likes
msturgis
Contributor - Level 3

>Post deleted. Refrain from rude comments concerning other members of this board<

0 Likes
honeypotpie

Yes obviously Sturgis, it is a user error and not a device malfunction! I have had a smartphone since the inception of the blackberry, I have had 4 different model smartphones since, all without incident. >Comment deleted<

0 Likes
honeypotpie

Brian...Verizon does indeed block access to mass storage USB, the only way to gain access to that area (from what I have read in 6 plus hours of research since the issue, and attempted numerous ways to access) >Comment deleted to comply with VZW ToS< If you know of a different way I am all ears! The pictures exchanged directly before the incident were 20 or so pictures that I absolutely can and have received from my best friend already. I had 2508 pictures on my phone. I have never had this issue previously with any other device nor did I even know it was possible for the card or picasa to wipe itself clean without provocation.

I have spent the better part of the last 18 months in and out of the hospital battling breast cancer. My phone was my lifeline home to talk to my children and husband after visiting hours. My gallery served as my way to be able to see them when they couldn't see me. I could look at their pictures when I was alone and missing them. Now it appears to be all gone. I have tried everything reasonably in my power to solve this issue and I am at a loss.

>Comment deleted<

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your photos.  For the future, I highly recommend keeping them backed up regularly through either a cloud service or on your computer. 

As to the current issue ... if the photos were stored on your SD card, you may be able to recover them with photo recovery software.  You'd install the software on your computer and use a card reader for the SD card.  I haven't used similar software in several years, so can't recommend one, but you can Google it; several decent ones are free (or at least they were a few years ago when I used one).  It may not work, but is worth a try.  Good luck.

Not applicable

Ok firstly we are not allowed to talk about certain ways of accessing parts of your phone. I can't even mention what we are not allowed to talk about.

Secondly I am sorry about your situation but as has been said if you can't get them back then this is lesson in learning to back your precious moments up. Like I said my photos go straight to my SD card. I do not know how your phone is set up. If they were on the SD you MAY be able to get them back if you haven't formated the card since then. If they were on the phone I'm not sure doing the thing that we are not allowed to talk about would even work. How do you even know your pics are in that part of your phone? I'm also not sure why the pics would be put on a an inaccessible part of the phone.

IF the pics are still on the phone then you should be able to tell from the amount of storage space you have left. 2500 photos would take up a lot of space. If they were deleted for good you should notice a lot of freed up space. it could be they got put into another folder. The folders on your phone and SD that you can access you need to check each one individually to see if they are there.

0 Likes
msturgis
Contributor - Level 3

You may have used a million smartphone - but your comment "I tried to recover them but since Verizon wants to block customers from access to their own mass storage USB" shows what an expert you are. Why do people get offended if they are recommended basic phones. I recommended basic phones for both my mom and dad and that was the right thing to do.

0 Likes