A disappointed Loyal customer. I have been a Verizon customer since the late 90's and have been upgrading service and phones over time.
TFH1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a Verizon customer since the late 90's and have been upgrading service and phones over time.

My wife and I currently have 2 Samsung SG5 phones and were very intrigued by the BOGO for the new Galaxy S7 Edge.

I called an agent told who me that I was eligible for the upgrade of both existing phones.

After consulting with my wife and espousing the merits of the S7, we agreed to get new phones.

I called back and the agent thanked me for being a loyal customer but said I could not avail myself of the offer.

I was asked to call the Retention Department, who put me in touch with the Loyalty Department.

Both departments thanked me for my continued loyalty but could not offer any consideration to compete with similar offers from Sprint and AT&T.

I asked "would you be willing to lose such a loyal customer?".

Answer: "Sorry, we can not help you at his time".

Given the extremely competitive environment, is this how Verizon wants to recognize customer loyalty?

0 Likes
Re: A disappointed Loyal customer. I have been a Verizon customer since the late 90's and have been upgrading service and phones over time.
Weth
Legend

Yup, one of the lines must be a "new line"  I agree pretty bogus.

How to take advantage of this offer.

If you’re an existing Verizon customer, you can upgrade one line and add a line to your account, or just add two new lines. If you’re new to Verizon, just add two new lines of service.

1. Add two Samsung Galaxy S7 edge or Galaxy S7 smartphones (you can mix and match) with monthly device payments to your cart.
  2. Complete the checkout process and order your two smartphones.
  3. Visit www.yourdigitalrebatecenter.com/ with your order confirmation details and use promo code S7-PROMO to complete the redemption process.
  4. Receive your Visa prepaid gift card within 8-10 weeks by mail.
0 Likes
Re: A disappointed Loyal customer. I have been a Verizon customer since the late 90's and have been upgrading service and phones over time.
TFH1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the info. I agree....very bogus. We already have three devices - 2 phones, 1 tablet. If Verizon is really serious about keeping customers they should back up that commitment by extending these offers to existing customers.