800 calls not completing?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Twice in the past 24 hours I have had occasion to call 800 numbers (different numbers).  Both times, I had to resort to my landline to make the call, which handled it perfectly, and I'm thankful I still have a landline!

What happens is this:  I dial the number (and I've tried it multiple times, with and without the leading "1"), press the call button, and the screen immediately goes to "Call ended".  It's like it never even tries to dial it.  I am the account owner, the only manager on the account, and we have never restricted calls on this account.  All the lines belong to adults, no need for calling restrictions.

Other calls go through on the phone normally.  I've dialed 800 numbers previously, successfully.  Why would it not work now?

Galaxy S6, HD calling is currently OFF, due to call quality issues when it was on.  Battery was charged with more than 50% remaining in both cases.

Anyone else experience this?  I could only find one other post, nearly a year ago, and the only reply was to ask about the leading "1".  can't call a 800 number from my phone

0 Likes
Re: 800 calls not completing?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This definitely sounds like a unique case, SuzyQ. Not being able to call important numbers can lead to problems. Let’s see what’s going on. By chance have you tried to dial the 800 numbers from anyone else’s VZW mobile device for troubleshooting purposes? Please give that a try and let us know your findings.
SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

On the account we also have a Droid Turbo, a basic flip phone, and an iPhone (5c) and 800 #'s dial and connect as expected on those devices.

obenauer340
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is not a unique occurance .  I have this problem often and so do many of my friends who use Verizon.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

obenauer340,

We know it's important to be able to dial any number successfully. Don't worry, help has arrived. Does this happen with any specific 800 numbers? Is it every time you dial that number or does it happen intermittently? As this is not a known issue, we'd like to collect more information. What city and state as well as nearest zip code has this happened in? JosephT_VZW

0 Likes