Re: 5 Digit SMS Short Code: can't send to, or reply
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jackiek330, that is very strange to hear. I want to make sure that we can get all features working on the device. I want to make sure that there are no blocks restricting you from being able to do 5 digits text codes. So we can go over the specifics, I've sent you a Direct Message. Can you please respond back to that message for me. Looking forward to working with you.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
savingit
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did you ever solve this issue? I had the same issue for awhile until I realized it wasn't a verizon setting but a device setting. Premium messaging must be enabled in the application, not through verizon.

Rocket2112
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi. I have the exact same issue. Followed the instructions and it still doesn't work.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rocket2112, we know that all of your messages are important and that those from work are crucial. Let's take steps to get to the bottom of this. Which make and model phone do you have? Have you ever been able to send or receive these messages in the past? When attempting with the Verizon Messages app do you see any change in attempting a message to a short code? 

LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes