4G Icon Problem
govaflow
Enthusiast - Level 3

After the update Now on wifi the 4g is staying on the notification bar and its anoyying please fix it ...

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 4G Icon Problem
gandalf607
Enthusiast - Level 1

Eureka! I did some digging and found the culprit.

Go to Settings --> Application Manager --> All, and disable the Caller Name ID app. That's what causing the 4g icon to always be on. The app is unnecessary - it just shows the names of Verizon customers when they call you, even if they are not in your contacts list. I don't get many weird calls like that, so I don't need it. If you are one who gets a lot of calls, then you might want to keep it on.

View solution in original post

ahsayahsay

I am having a huge wifi issue also. I am literally inches from my wireless router and it keeps reverting to 4g - and showing very few wifi bars.  It was bad after update before this recent one, but now I cannot ignore it as it is consistently showing 4g and not my very strong wifi.  No other device has this issue in this apt. and this S3 did NOT have this when I first purchased it.   In fact, it used to show 4 wifi bars - and now barely shows 2.

0 Likes
ahsayahsay

...and yes I turned off mobile data and tho the 4G notification went away, my wifi is abysmally only 1-3 bars now.  It should be completely full as I am on a secured network and the router is right next to me.  My other devices that connect to the same router show full bars when in various rooms in the apt.    Any help or software update to fix this is greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
steambun

Yeah since the new update, both the 4G icon and my Wi-Fi are both shown in the notification bar. However only the arrows are lit for my Wi-Fi instead of my 4G, but still I don't want my mobile data to be used if I can use my Wi-Fi. Anyone know a way to fix this?

0 Likes
ahsayahsay

turn off mobile data when you're on wifi (swipe down the top most notification bar, then swipe to the left til you see mobile data - if the arrows are green it means it is on - tap once to turn it off - the arrows will turn a bluiesh/grey) when the pop-up window warns you about not being able to use apps and such just hit ok - it simply means that if you go off wifi, you wont be connected at all until you turn on mobile data - nothing more.

0 Likes
ahsayahsay

also, my wifi keeps refreshing every 10 minutes or so.... sigh other than this- i love my phone and verizon service lol

0 Likes
AZCellular
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too have this problem after the new update, there has to be another fix besides shutting down your mobile data each time.  My wi-fi still searches every 7 to 10 minutes for a source and at times cuts off my wi-fi when inuse.  Verizon what is the answer??????? 

0 Likes
gandalf607
Enthusiast - Level 1

Eureka! I did some digging and found the culprit.

Go to Settings --> Application Manager --> All, and disable the Caller Name ID app. That's what causing the 4g icon to always be on. The app is unnecessary - it just shows the names of Verizon customers when they call you, even if they are not in your contacts list. I don't get many weird calls like that, so I don't need it. If you are one who gets a lot of calls, then you might want to keep it on.

cybertec69
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you gandalph607, now how do I solve the low notification and alarm sound, all my settings in volume control are set to high, the ringtone volume and video volume is fine, but the other two sound real weak even when they are set to MAX.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello govaflow,

I am so sorry to hear that you are having issues with your device WIFI connection. I want to make sure we get you back up and working as expected. Is the device going in and out of wifi? We look forward to hearing back from you.

WarrenM_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes