40+ processes running with no apps open; automatic reboot at least once a day post 4.4.2 update. What is going on?
CharlesDW

Ever since I went through the update process for my Galaxy S4 to Kit Kat, 4.4.2, my phone is constantly running 40+ invisible processes that eat up most of the 2GB of ram. Needless to say, this is also causing my battery to drain 3 times faster or more than it used to prior to the update. I have Powersaving Mode turned on, constantly clear RAM and always double check to make sure I am not accidentally leaving any apps open. Additionally, my phone reboots itself at least once per day. NONE of this occurred before the 4.4.2 update. I am hoping someone here or from Verizon can possibly shed some light on the matter.

0 Likes
Re: 40 processes running with no apps open; automatic reboot at least once a day post 4.4.2 update. What is going on?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello CharlesDW,

Help is just a posting away! Let's get your device working properly. May I ask have you completed a reset after the update? I suggest this to resolve a the initial issues with the update. Here's a link on how to do so. As always, we suggest backing up your info before the factory reset.

http://www.hard-reset.com/samsung-galaxy-s4-hard-reset.html

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: 40  processes running with no apps open; automatic reboot at least once a day post 4.4.2 update. What is going on?
CharlesDW

Thank you for the response. Yes, I did a factory reset approximately three days after the update since I read about that as a possible solution here on these forums after backing up my information first. Unfortunately, the problem has persisted.

0 Likes
Re: 40  processes running with no apps open; automatic reboot at least once a day post 4.4.2 update. What is going on?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying those steps, CharlesDW!

Let's test your device with it powered up in Safe Mode: http://vz.to/1rCor6X for a few hours.  Let me know how it responds with it powered up in Safe Mode.  Keep me posted.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes