3g issues with SGSIII - Not MD3 Update Related
usmaak
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi,

My wife and I have had our phones since September of last year.  I have very few complaints about the phone.  Yea, it's not as good as some at 4g signal strength, but it will hold on to a marginal signal very well.  But one problem that both of these phones have had the entire time that we've had them is 3g quality issues.  It doesn't happen all that often, but we do wander into areas where there is no 4g.  When we do, it will drop down to 3g, but the connection is terrible.  For instance, the other night I was in a 3g area and ran a speed test.  I got 73 kbps down and the speed test failed while trying to test upload.  I tried sending a picture message, and it took over ten minutes to send.  This is not a Verizon 3g issue.  I know this because I have friends that are on 3g only phones, and they routinely get 1000 - 1400 kbps down.

Any ideas what could be causing it, or what the fix might be?  My wife's phone is on the MF1 update, and I'm still on MB1.  But like I said, it's not update related, because we've had these issues since September 2012.  Neither phone has ever worked well on 3g.

0 Likes
Re: 3g issues with SGSIII - Not MD3 Update Related
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Usmaak,

We want you to have the best services at all times! Let's get this fixed. What zipcode are you having 3G issues in? What network settings is your device set to? Global or LTE/CDMA. Keep me posted.

Thanks,
Pamela F.
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes