Re: the new update to my cell mess up my phone every since
theguyinbox
Enthusiast - Level 3

Didn't even see this comment lol...If Verizon does no coding, who is making all of these Verizon bloatware apps on our phones? Please don't say Google...

0 Likes
theguyinbox
Enthusiast - Level 3

Again, Google makes new versions of the os , not patches for carrier specific models. The patch went from Samsung to AT&T. The phone didn't receive an updated os. When android patches a problem with the actual os, the android software version actually changes. The Verizon note 3 runs android 4.4.2.  Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 have already been released by Google. Google is no longer doing anything with our version of android. It's up to Verizon and Samsung to issue a patch for the note 3.

Even if you're saying we're waiting on Google, they've already released 2 newer versions of android, so either way the argument doesn't hold water.

0 Likes
theguyinbox
Enthusiast - Level 3

Device manufacturers do not make carrier apps.    If you have an android device, open the pay site and search for "Verizon" and see how many of their own apps are available for download. You're telling me that some manufacturers are making apps not to install on their phones, but to make them available for all Verizon customers to download?

0 Likes
theguyinbox
Enthusiast - Level 3

*play store

0 Likes
Not applicable

Let's take verizon out of the equation for a moment.

Samsung or Nokia or HTC set out to create a cellular device. They incorporate wifi, Bluetooth , NFC, processors, radios all made by different companies

Now like any computer you need something to run it. Let's say windows or android or iOS

This all has to come together to have a quality product.

If the radio goes bad it would be say Qualcomm and now the device maker must cooperate to get the fix (patch)

Verizon cannot fix the device it is the device maker.

Where is the program coming from? It has to be the chip maker, Google or Apple or Microsoft

Verizon only tests the setup and then when ready sends it out or allows device makers or OS developers to send over the air via their network.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Carriers don't have to make apps themselves. If you read the links it explained delays caused by carriers wanting certain apps to be placed on the devices by the carriers through device makers

Read the articles. Print them out but look at the process.

Not applicable

And device makers are branding to different carriers and technologies

Different apps on a Sprint Phone than on T-Mobile or AT&T or Verizon

The apps for carriers are totally different than any Joe Smoe submitting an app to the play store.

The play store allows carrier apps because of it's an android operating system. Think

Same holds true if an iOS or windows device.

0 Likes
theguyinbox
Enthusiast - Level 3

None of that makes any sense. Now you're bringing chip makers into it? I'm not talking about the physical cellular radios, I'm talking about the software build which the device uses to communicate with the Verizon towers. I understand that you're reading these articles, but you're not understanding what they're saying. Google already released this version of android. They are not sending out patches to your Verizon note 3. I can't even offer up a rebuttal to that jumbled nonsensical argument you made for the carrier apps.

In short, to anyone looking into this forum for a fix for the note 3, we're waiting on either a patch to the current version of our software, or the android 4.4.3 or 4 update with a newer version of the radio build.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Its not my writing that is at fault it is your reading.

If you are looking for an update to 4.4.3 or 4.4.4 it is produced via Google. It is not made by Verizon.

And since you cannot grasp the concept of a patch I am not going to keep trying to tell you where its coming from.

You mentioned the play store in regards to Verizon apps. I explained to you that Google play store or Windows Store or the Apple Store carry CARRIER specific apps for the devices on those networks.

Read carefully you then won't think logic is gobbly gook.

0 Likes
theguyinbox
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ugh...Those updates have ALREADY been produced by Google. They're now working on android 5.0. They are not patching the Verizon note 3 because it's not an android 4.4.2 problem, it's a problem with the build of kitkat optimized for the Verizon network for the note 3 by Samsung and approved by Verizon.  And yes, Verizon apps that are made by Verizon are in the play store. Samsung didn't make these apps for Verizon or they would be listed as the developer in the description, not Verizon. You're making arguments with no basis in reality.

0 Likes