the new update to my cell mess up my phone every since
boogeyman72
Enthusiast - Level 1

How to take off this new update on my note 3 my phone was perfect afte I did the update it took a crap..

0 Likes
Re: the new update to my cell mess up my phone every since
Not applicable

Unfortunately you cannot roll back.

This is one of the gotchas when Google and device makers send out updates.

Verizon gets the complaints but they did not produce the update.

Its a catch 22. Loads of customers are crying for their new updated OS, then after they update it they come back here and complain about all the things that now don't function as before.

Contact your device maker to pressure Google to put out a patch.

That is all you can do. Changing carriers will not help because the problems are on all carrier forums.

Good Luck

theguyinbox
Enthusiast - Level 3

Google has absolutely nothing to do with the radio build in android software updates. Samsung submits the update to Verizon for testing before it is released to us. The reception problems that we're experiencing should've been caught in testing as it seems to be widespread judging by the sheer number of related threads in this forum. We need a patch from Verizon to update the radios in our note 3's.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Without the Google (Android) OS released to the device maker there can be no operable phone.

Software runs hardware.

Things could not operate such as the radios in the devices without OS updates or patches.

Verizon makes no devices and does no coding.

<< Personal comments removed >>

Post was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Not applicable
theguyinbox
Enthusiast - Level 3

Those articles just reiterate my point. The party where os software moves to the manufacturers (Samsung) so it can be tailored for each carrier specific model and then submitted to the carrier is the process I was speaking of. If Verizon would've noticed the problems with the radios, they would've sent the update back to Samsung so they can modify it. This phone doesn't need an android update, it needs a patch to be sent from Samsung to Verizon to fix the radios.

0 Likes
theguyinbox
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just to add, this process would require Verizon to notify Samsung that they're having massive problems with the update that requires a patch. This issue is specific to the Verizon note 3, it's not an issue with note 3's on other carriers.

0 Likes
Not applicable

The patch as I already stated to you has to come from Google, the device maker then the carrier. All I have said has not changed. However at least now you can see what the crazy process is.

I read at the one site that carriers like Verizon who carry many different devices are actually bogged down due to staff and they give these updates to the more profitable devices.

Between the two reasons above it is no wonder the patches and updates are way behind

theguyinbox
Enthusiast - Level 3

http://laymanworld.com/minor-android-4-4-2-patch-for-att-samsung-galaxy-s5/

That is an example of a phone receiving a patch  from a carrier where the android version stays the same. Android makes new versions if the os, but they don't handle patches. How many carriers worldwide carry the note 3? Maybe 50? Do you really think Google handles patches and updates for thousands of carrier specific models? The problem with our phones isn't with the android os. It's not even with the Samsung kitkat update in general, it's a problem with the Verizon note 3 kitkat update.

All of those articles you cited details the process of an android update, not patches or security fixes between manufacturers and carriers. We don't need android 4.4.3, we need a patch for the Verizon radio build.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Did you read the little article. How do you think the device maker received the updated patch ? The device maker did not make it. Android devices receive their OS from Google.

Now after the device maker receives it, it gets to AT&T in the article.

AT&T or any cellular carrier do not touch Operating System Update Code,

0 Likes